KevinB

Feb 15, 2015
Ok I want to use kodi 14.1 and I get the message "superuser denied to Kodi." Can't find it in my list of apps?? So this box is really having some issues with the memory, misc file are taking up about 1/3 of the memory! and can't be cleared. I think that maybe a firmware update is in order but I can't seem to be able to find it. What is secret here?

Last edited:

KevinB

Feb 15, 2015
OK I got the memory cleared by doing a recovery, still can't get Kodi 14.1 to work at all! Got Kodi 14.0 running but not very stable, still getting "superuser denied to Kodi" message. Thought I could set it up but NO! Going to try going back to gotham. Not very happy with this box seems very unstable, sometimes it takes 3 tries just to get it to power up, the remote wouldn't function during the recovery. finally got it to go with a mouse. Is there a new firmware update for this box it sure needs one.

KevinB

Feb 15, 2015
So I scraped the idea of trying to use Kodi at all and decided to go back to Gotham 13.2. The version of XBMC that was on the box originally was 12.1 but that is long gone. I powered up the unit and it takes forever to boot. I tried several times, sometimes it would only go as far as the DroidBox welcome screen. Other times it would go to the four coloured dots, it stayed in this cycle overnight. In the morning I repeated the recovery procedure and now the box isn't even sending a video signal at all. So I've gone from a box that had memory issues to a rather thick bar mat. Any suggestions as I'm doing this for a friend

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Yes, catching up with Sunday's posts and then Monday - excuse the delay.

With the recovery procedure you followed, which method did you use, and was there a file on an SD card at the time?

KevinB

Feb 15, 2015
Thanks for your reply, Silent..But I have since discovered that the box was not a genuine DroidBox and had to flash with a different firmware. You can delete this thread if you wish to do so. Thanks again.