cazawoman

Oct 8, 2015
i have the ts8 box (which really confuses me!) and am looking at purchasing a droid box for my parents but I don't want to complicate them. Which box would you recommend so they can watch movies, sports etc with out any problems

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
i have the ts8 box (which really confuses me!) and am looking at purchasing a droid box for my parents but I don't want to complicate them. Which box would you recommend so they can watch movies, sports etc with out any problems
I would recommend the one that you already have,as you probably get around with it + you can expect to get help from us even remotely if needed,besides providing how to and custom guides that suits your needs.

Anything that you need and you would like to know,feel free to ask!

Regards

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would recommend the T8 box for them. It is really good and does everything I want. Question for you, would your parents benefit from having to cope with 2 operating systems? I would say keep it as simple as possible. You can also do a lot within android itself without them having to touch kodi.

cazawoman

Oct 8, 2015
Thank you for your replies. I was looking at the t8 box but wasn't sure what the difference was. Is it just the openElec? Can you still access t8 remotely and I have never used the the openElec, I have no clue as to what it is for and the difference between using android or openElec. So confusing lol. I'm pretty good with technology but can't seem to understand my box.

cazawoman

Oct 8, 2015
I would recommend the one that you already have,as you probably get around with it + you can expect to get help from us even remotely if needed,besides providing how to and custom guides that suits your needs.

Anything that you need and you would like to know,feel free to ask!

Regards
Thank you for your reply. Can you still access t8 remotely? I have had to have wookie remotely installed a couple of times as I can't understand it, it's too complicated so I think remote access would be better for my parents.
You wish you never offered to answer any questions.....I added a 'Christmas' skin today and totally lost the skin I recently had

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Another solution which can work for elderly parents, is to buy them an android tablet and have them connect it to their tv via a HDMI lead. We got my mother a cheap, second hand Tesco hudl from their refurbished store and she gets the benefits of the tablet and also use of iplayer, all the other tv catchups, email and so on. You could side load apps like showbox and movies HD for films and mobdro for sport. If you want, you could load kodi which runs ok on a hudl (we have it on ours).

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thank you for your reply. Can you still access t8 remotely? I have had to have wookie remotely installed a couple of times as I can't understand it, it's too complicated so I think remote access would be better for my parents.
You wish you never offered to answer any questions.....I added a 'Christmas' skin today and totally lost the skin I recently had

You can always access add ons by going into videos>add ons section in any skin that is out there

If you want to reset wookie setup,please clear data and set up wookie again

Clear Data On XBMC/Kodi

Here is how to:
Go into Settings>Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen .
OR
Settings> Other>More Settings> Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen.

How to set up Wookie
https://openstreams.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/wookie-wizard-how-to/

Or you can use this full guide below from ground up if there is no .zip file in the Wookie that is already there,or if there is no Wookie at all,you can create new one!
https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

Our working time for both our live phone and live chat support is from 10AM to 5PM(live phone support)6PM(live chat support) BST from monday to friday.
At the upper corner you can see our phone number,at the bottom right corner you can see our chat option for our live support.
In order to see and use these,visit the link below!
https://droidbox.co.uk/

Regards

Reactions: ChrisM

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thank you for your replies. I was looking at the t8 box but wasn't sure what the difference was. Is it just the openElec? Can you still access t8 remotely and I have never used the the openElec, I have no clue as to what it is for and the difference between using android or openElec. So confusing lol. I'm pretty good with technology but can't seem to understand my box.

T8-S advantage over T8 is:
Support for HDD/SSD 2.5/9.5mm in size which can be stored internally,DroidBOX share for remote control over the smartphone and dualboot(Android and openELEC)OS

Regards

Reactions: ChrisM