Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Why is droidbox not making a statement regarding the failed OTA updates customers are experiencing. It is not doing their reputation any good.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Agreed. Have you tried contacting them direct or via the on line chat (mon - fri)?

Reactions: Eddyad

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Agreed. Have you tried contacting them direct or via the on line chat (mon - fri)?
Hi Nigelar, I don't believe this needs answering to people individually, as so many people are having problems. I think the problem should be addressed on the forum so all those affected will be informed how Droidbox are looking to solve the problems.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As I said above, agreed. But as they have not, an alternative is to contact them directly and post their reply here.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi eddyad. Found this reply to similar problem on their Twitter feed (7 April).
Yes plz ignore that messge, ur box is already up to date. Its a bug which keeps givin update availble msg. We will fix it soon

Reactions: Eddyad

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We should have had better coverage in the forum to get information out to people. There has been more (non-forum!) work than usual recently, but we'll need to ensure better coverage here. Outside of Monday - Friday office hours, any posts here have been made in personal time by members of staff. When that isn't possible, the response time increases. If it is anything urgent, I'd recommend e-mail or our live chat on the website. Obviously if someone isn't searching for an official response on something, the community here does a stellar job of helping out.

If your T8-S Plus shows LMY47V.20160406 test-keys as the installed version, you're up to date. The notification about the (same) firmware update being available should be sorted out when the next update comes out. Trying to sort it now would likely result in a "newer" version that was the same image, but with more recent date. This then cascades into issues with people wanting to install newer firmware that is in fact the same as they already have.

Reactions: Nigelar

Philip Cooke

May 4, 2016
We should have had better coverage in the forum to get information out to people. There has been more (non-forum!) work than usual recently, but we'll need to ensure better coverage here. Outside of Monday - Friday office hours, any posts here have been made in personal time by members of staff. When that isn't possible, the response time increases. If it is anything urgent, I'd recommend e-mail or our live chat on the website. Obviously if someone isn't searching for an official response on something, the community here does a stellar job of helping out.

If your T8-S Plus shows LMY47V.20160406 test-keys as the installed version, you're up to date. The notification about the (same) firmware update being available should be sorted out when the next update comes out. Trying to sort it now would likely result in a "newer" version that was the same image, but with more recent date. This then cascades into issues with people wanting to install newer firmware that is in fact the same as they already have.
20160406 - is there a page somewhere showing latest version date and change log?

Mine is dated March 06 and using the recommended app update says I'm up to date but with March firmware?