Shaun McGillivray

Oct 31, 2014
Southampton
Hi, new to droidbox and after a full 24 hours getting add-ons and setting up all appears fine, however every 10-15 minutes the Wi-Fi signal received by my imx6 drops from 20mbs to less than 1mbs. The Wi-Fi signal is fine on other devices in the same room so rule this out as the problem. If I go to settings and turn Wi-Fi off and on again the signal is back up to over 20mbs for another 10 minutes, HELP!!!!!!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you've got an Android device (just to double check, you've posted in the iMX6 MCE section of this forum, so I'm assuming you DON'T have the Android version of our iMX6?) install the WiFi Analyzer on it. Put the phone or tablet in the same locaiton as your iMX6, and run the app. Check if there are any channels that have less interference (so no other network's curve on the graph intersect your WiFi network's. In either case, keep the app running, and when the iMX6's bandwidth drops, check the graph to see if other networks have suddenly encroached on your own more than previously, or if the signal level of your network has dropped.
This should give us a clue as to where to concentrate the investigation of the root cause of your issue.

Shaun McGillivray

Oct 31, 2014
Southampton
Hi, I do have the android version (what is MCE)?, I have tried that with a number of devices right next to the droid box and when the Wi-Fi signal drops on the droid box all other devices keep a steady and strong signal always at around 27mbs even when the droid box says 0.14mbs... I even asked a neighbor if I could login to his Wi-Fi and it was the same in that the droid box dropped Wi-Fi yet other devices remained steady.... I have since returned this for repair so I am hoping it will come back working as it should.

Shaun McGillivray

Oct 31, 2014
Southampton
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I checked with Wi-Fi analyzer and there are no other services near the channel I am using (which I have changed several times) and I also use Inssider to check for the best channel and for other interferences and I am using a good channel with no interference. So I have a strong, steady Wi-Fi signal, BT Infinity unlimited (usually at around 30mbs) but only the droid box lost signal every 10 minutes or so.

bigearth

Oct 19, 2015
Hey
I have same problem now and I tried what you said, but nothing happened. Can you help me?
Is it broken or something? I have no idea...
I use Android to, but for me when i restart device, normal speed works for like 1 hour and then drops. Should I chahge it?

grizzliebear

Oct 22, 2015
He just told you, read!

"If you've got an Android device (just to double check, you've posted in the iMX6 MCE section of this forum, so I'm assuming you DON'T have the Android version of our iMX6?) install the WiFi Analyzer on it. Put the phone or tablet in the same locaiton as your iMX6, and run the app. Check if there are any channels that have less interference (so no other network's curve on the graph intersect your WiFi network's. In either case, keep the app running, and when the iMX6's bandwidth drops, check the graph to see if other networks have suddenly encroached on your own more than previously, or if the signal level of your network has dropped.
This should give us a clue as to where to concentrate the investigation of the root cause of your issue."