David.Kitching

Mar 23, 2015
I have had my Q7 Box for two days now I have been unable to get it to connect to the internet properly. After changing my wireless routers THREE times it finally connected to wifi. I currently have two wifi connections broadcasting and working on my phone.

Now although I can view web pages using Browser, I cannot sign into any Google apps, Chrome, Play Store, YouTube, Play Update- the lot. That renders the machine virtually redundant.

Are there certain security types or frequencies that can only be used. I have full, strong wifi signal, so its not that. Please don't suggest a cable connection because I bought a wifi enabled device to avoid cables.

So far I am not happy with the device, please advise.

Thank you

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
What ISP are you with and are there any parental controls active? I'm with BT and am using their fibre optic broadband. I have found that whenever I connect up a new device (I've set up three Q7's), the Parental Controls automatically become active for the new device even though my BT account says they are disabled. Might be worth checking but if you can view content through the browser then this may not be your problem.

Last edited:

David.Kitching

Mar 23, 2015
I am in South Africa. ISP doesn't have parental control. The box also keeps turning off or rebooting. I am super frustrated with this device. I hope Droidboxwill pay for international return. I bought it from Droidbox co .uk direct.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
When you say its resetting or turning off, is this when you try to access XBMC?

David.Kitching

Mar 23, 2015
Yes and no. I can watch videos but it reboots if I try to log into Droid Wizard. I also can't sign into any google apps. I get no reliable internet connection. But I can browse web.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
The only thing that I can think of is, If it's XBMC related then it may require that you change the skin from Confluence customizable mod to Confluence. Go into XBMC/ System/ Appearance/ Skin. Then go across to Skin and click on that. If it's set to Confluence Customizable Mod then select Confluence instead and see if this helps with any reboot or kick out issues that you were getting. You say that the internet connection is not reliable but you can browse the web which suggests that the internet connection is fine. Maybe one of the other members will have some more ideas on that one than I do. Hope this helps you out.