Have you tried the normal defaults?

Username:root
Password:<blank>

Or

Username:root
Password:admin

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
maybe give the android app "SSHDroid" a go for the android side, don't use myself but hear is easy to setup and use

edit:
just a thought but if your device is NOT rooted you should be able to use any username but password is admin unless been changed? root and admin are defaults for rooted devices only normally
try <blank> and admin for password or <blank> <blank> even

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Try using ftp server demo from the playstore to access both Android and LibreElec. Need to go into advanced settings and change stay in folder to / to sftp into LibreElec, toggle ftp server to 'on' and also need to have LibreElec running using username: root and password: libreelec to access the Linux side. Using filezilla on pc myself to access both.

Last edited:
Reactions: thereaper123

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
So any update on this? myself and @sean99 have tried helping and see you have been active today on here? is nice to get a reply at least...

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
It normally pops up on first run of app asking if you want to grant SU access? Ah well long as you sorted that's the main thing, SSHDroid is as good as they say then

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
glad to help :) so you can switch now between both platforms and all is good? no further user input/steps required? just for others benefit in same situation, I'm android only so doesn't affect me

Dec 21, 2016
Vermont
Yes... In LibreELEC it is very simple no permissions or apps needed. The problem was the setup for Android, I was not aware that I needed an app like SSHDroid. Although using SSHDroid and setting the permissions in SU everything works very well.

Reactions: ChrisM