reaver812

Apr 12, 2016
Hey, This box is WAY too cluttered and addons that I don't want and never use are constantly updating and I'd like to slim everything down. What I want to do is wipe Kodi and all its addons and install the newest version of Kodi and reall only 2 addons. How can I do this without using the wizard that will put a bunch of crap on my box. (BTW I have a T8) Anything would be helpful, Thanks!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok.

Assuming you know how to get the latest version of kodi what your proposing is sound and exactly what i've done on my t8.

The seo-michael web site is very good for setting up individual addons. Many come from the fusion source (phoenix, exodus, icefilms etc). Once you have fusion set up, grab their addon installer and it will let you pull down more individual addons (at least the ones they support).

Another route is via the ares wizard (a maintenance tool despite its name) which lets you download individual addons (not confined to fusion supported ones).

Good luck.

reaver812

Apr 12, 2016
I'm assuming downloading the Android version on Kodi is the way to get the latest version. What about wiping?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You wipe Kodi like any other android app.
Go into settings - apps - Kodi.
Then "force stop" - clear data and cache and uninstall.

There are at least 4 places to get latest Kodi

- Google play (will auto update if new version becomes available. Install process is automatic)
- droidbox how-to page. Has both vanilla Kodi and droidbox badged version (dbmc)
- official Kodi web site download page
- the spmc web site for their version tuned for android boxes

Sometimes, if you are downloading the next latest version of Kodi, it will install over the top of a current version without the need to uninstall that so you don't lose your Addons. This happens with the Google play version for example.

New firmware releases sometimes contain a new version Kodi.

reaver812

Apr 12, 2016
Thank you I really appreciate the info. I don't mind losing the addons. I really only use Exodus and Phoenix which will be the only thing I install. Again thanks for the info!

Reactions: Nigelar