topdrog88

Sep 27, 2015
When i first got my box in openelec every time i connected to the 5ghz band it wouldn't work then i had to do a factory reset and then 5ghz worked again. However now I've literally had to do another factory reset because I've had the continuous boot problem for the third time. Now i can't use the 5ghz band anymore?

The problem is that next to my 5ghz connection it says 'configuration' rather than 'ready'

is there a fix for this i really dont want to have to reset again. If i back up does that get wiped as well?

Also a little side note: I found that each time i got stuck on the openelec boot logo and had to do a factory reset was because I switched the box off during a stream (by accident) so avoid doing that if that helps anyone

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
When i first got my box in openelec every time i connected to the 5ghz band it wouldn't work then i had to do a factory reset and then 5ghz worked again. However now I've literally had to do another factory reset because I've had the continuous boot problem for the third time. Now i can't use the 5ghz band anymore?

The problem is that next to my 5ghz connection it says 'configuration' rather than 'ready'

is there a fix for this i really dont want to have to reset again. If i back up does that get wiped as well?

Also a little side note: I found that each time i got stuck on the openelec boot logo and had to do a factory reset was because I switched the box off during a stream (by accident) so avoid doing that if that helps anyone
Hi

Can you please let us know which network do you use,and also which modem.

Instead of re booting your box,you could reboot your modem.

Also sometimes external modems solve this kind of problem.

Please provide us more info so we could help more!

Regards

topdrog88

Sep 27, 2015
Hey thanks for replying, I did try and reboot the router but I will try it again.
I am on Virign Media 200mb and I'm using my own router which is an Asus RT N66U. Just to let you know I didn't specifically do the factory reset to get the 5ghz band working I had to do it for another reason and just noticed that this time it worked.

Reactions: 8bitDev