Dragon Eyes

Mar 15, 2022
Recently purchased Beelink GT King Pro. I have a 200 Mbps connection. It is in the next room from the router. I also have a $20 Onn box from Walmart. The Onn has speed tested as high as 194 Mbps. The Beelink has never gotten higher than 82 Mbps. The Onn has 802.11 ac while the Beelink has 802.11 ax. Why can't I get a faster speed on the Beelink? Thanks, in advance.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Is your router dual-band?
What may be happening is that your GT King is connected to the 2.4GHz band on your router instead of the 5.0GHz band. This would result in slower speeds.
How do I enable 5GHz on my router? – TheKnowledgeBurrow.com - https://theknowledgeburrow.com/how-do-i-enable-5ghz-on-my-router/
Some routers make use of a "Smart connect" system which concatenates both bands into a single connection - and the router does the behind-the-scenes work to give you the optimum speeds.
This isn't perfect however, as few machines are.

Also ensure that the GT King Pro is located in the same place as the Onn box.

Dragon Eyes

Mar 15, 2022
Thank you for responding.

Yes, and 802.11 ac

What may be happening is that your GT King is connected to the 2.4GHz band on your router instead of the 5.0GHz band. This would result in slower speeds.

The Beelink can connect to either, but the speed of the 2.4 GHz connection is very slow (sometimes as slow as 6 Mbps) and the 5 Ghz is the one that is 50-82 Mbps.

Some routers make use of a "Smart connect" system which concatenates both bands into a single connection - and the router does the behind-the-scenes work to give you the optimum speeds.

I have an Arris Model TG02GHQ2472GP2 modem/router and the documentation doesn’t mention any “Smart connect”. It says the 2.4 is on channel 11 and the 5.0 is on channel 36.

They are both under the TV about a foot and a half apart.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Thank you for responding.

Yes, and 802.11 ac

The Beelink can connect to either, but the speed of the 2.4 GHz connection is very slow (sometimes as slow as 6 Mbps) and the 5 Ghz is the one that is 50-82 Mbps.

I have an Arris Model TG02GHQ2472GP2 modem/router and the documentation doesn’t mention any “Smart connect”. It says the 2.4 is on channel 11 and the 5.0 is on channel 36.

They are both under the TV about a foot and a half apart.
One last thing to try could be a firmware reflash
You can grab the latest firmware here (latest is 925P0 - click the expand all button if you can't see it) :
And install it via this guide:

And if that doesn't work then I'd reach out to whoever sold it to you directly (if it was us, [email protected]).

Dragon Eyes

Mar 15, 2022
I have 921P0_WOL_BT now. I will give this a try in the next few days when I find the time and the nerve. I've never done this before. What are the chances that this new build will address the wifi issues?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
I have 921P0_WOL_BT now. I will give this a try in the next few days when I find the time and the nerve. I've never done this before. What are the chances that this new build will address the wifi issues?
It's not unheard of for firmware updates to help out with Wi-Fi issues. Make sure you use the appropriate firmware. (if you don't, you risk bricking the unit).

This firmware is suitable for GT-King Pro with SN code starting with 6B9H, SB9H, SA9H, C92H
If yours doesn't fall under the above, than just go for a reinstall of the latest you can find.

Dragon Eyes

Mar 15, 2022
It's not unheard of for firmware updates to help out with Wi-Fi issues. Make sure you use the appropriate firmware. (if you don't, you risk bricking the unit).

If yours doesn't fall under the above, than just go for a reinstall of the latest you can find.
Mine is 6B9H. Beelink support tells me that because the box is a metal box that it blocks some of the WIFI signal. So, I am going to try installing a couple of external WIFI antennas.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Mine is 6B9H. Beelink support tells me that because the box is a metal box that it blocks some of the WIFI signal. So, I am going to try installing a couple of external WIFI antennas.
USB antennae would definitely be worth trying, although I can't say I've done so before.

Dragon Eyes

Mar 15, 2022
USB antennae would definitely be worth trying, although I can't say I've done so before.
Do you (or anyone else) know the answer to this question. Which cable (on the attached image) is the WIFI connection?
I have attached a photo of the Circuit Board from the Beelink GT King Pro
If I want to install an external WIFI Antenna, which cable connection do I use?
A = Top
B = Bottom
C = Both (2 WIFI Antennas)
D = Neither
Thanks, Joe

Attachments

• GT King Pro PCB.PNG
    GT King Pro PCB.PNG
    611.3 KB · Views: 188

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Do you (or anyone else) know the answer to this question. Which cable (on the attached image) is the WIFI connection?
I have attached a photo of the Circuit Board from the Beelink GT King Pro
If I want to install an external WIFI Antenna, which cable connection do I use?
A = Top
B = Bottom
C = Both (2 WIFI Antennas)
D = Neither
Thanks, Joe
I'd imagine it's C if both cables are connected to the inside of the shell. Perhaps one cable for each band.

Please note that disassembling the device like this will void your warranty though. I'd advise reaching out to us at [email protected] for an RMA first (if the device was purchased from us originally).

Dragon Eyes

Mar 15, 2022
I'd imagine it's C if both cables are connected to the inside of the shell. Perhaps one cable for each band.

Please note that disassembling the device like this will void your warranty though. I'd advise reaching out to us at [email protected] for an RMA first (if the device was purchased from us originally).
It was purchased it through AliExpress.
I've had it for about 3 weeks and it would be another week or so before I could do this anyway. The warranty would probably be over by then anyway.
Besides, if this works, I will be quite happy with it and if it doesn't then I am no worse off than I am now. It works but just not as well as I had hoped on the WIFI connection. I am not wanting to return it as it actually works pretty good. Thanks for your help. I will post back when I, or if I, install the two antennas whether they work or not or help or not.

StuDroiX

Staff member
Dec 7, 2021
It was purchased it through AliExpress.
I've had it for about 3 weeks and it would be another week or so before I could do this anyway. The warranty would probably be over by then anyway.
Besides, if this works, I will be quite happy with it and if it doesn't then I am no worse off than I am now. It works but just not as well as I had hoped on the WIFI connection. I am not wanting to return it as it actually works pretty good. Thanks for your help. I will post back when I, or if I, install the two antennas whether they work or not or help or not.
Yes. let us know how you get on with the antennas :)