Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Good Afternoon, I have had my T8S Plus box returned from DB as "repaired" - Thanks gents. I am able to access most of the stuff I usually have on the box, but, on the Openelec side, it seems that whatever I do, I lose all the "Fundamental" settings for example Screen Position and have no mechanism to return to the Primary side of the box. I see that the skin is identified as "Confluence" but there are no Openelec settings showing anywhere. I have installed The Wookie from zip, tries Andy's build too, what, if anything, can correct this? All suggestions more than welcome. I intend to backup the box now, so I feel free to "experiment". Thanks for looking.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Normally run the apple tv wizard for openelec. As for openelec setting try going to program add-ons.
You can make adjustments in system, system and video here you can make changes and further down you can calibrate your screen size to.
To switch back to android you can switch to confluence skin in system, appearance and skin, theres also a switch to android in openelec setting.

Dave

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Thanks for the response Dave. Am aware that the Apple Wiz is the one to setup, but, there is no option so to do. International, XXX etc, but no Apple :( In System, appearance, skin there are a number of options - it claims to be the Confluence Skin already, but the menu is very different. There is also no openelec settings. I am more than a little confused here, but I will plug away. Interestingly, do a factory reset keeps my android settings for screen size, 89% - I expected a total system wipeout, but some settings are being maintained. Ah Well ............
Regards.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for the response Dave. Am aware that the Apple Wiz is the one to setup, but, there is no option so to do. International, XXX etc, but no Apple :( In System, appearance, skin there are a number of options - it claims to be the Confluence Skin already, but the menu is very different. There is also no openelec settings. I am more than a little confused here, but I will plug away. Interestingly, do a factory reset keeps my android settings for screen size, 89% - I expected a total system wipeout, but some settings are being maintained. Ah Well ............
Regards.
Hi

Please do not confuse confluence mod and confluence,those are two different ways,

If skin is confluence(basic one)you can find openELEC specific settings under system,if not you can always access openELEC specific settings from program add ons menu.

In openELEC specific settigns under system,if you scroll down at the bottom you can see reboot to android option.

This can enable you to use custom skin and still be able to switch to android without a need to change skin to default one.

program add ons>openELEC>system>reboot to android

Regards

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Good Morning. Sorry for a somewhat delayed response, real life gets in the way sometimes. I am pleased to report that I now have a functional, ie doing what I want/need, and am able to get back to Android from Openelec. Just the VPN to go now, but I cracked it before, so I have hopes for a positive result today. Thanks again gents.

Reactions: 8bitDev

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Glad it went well. I've been experimenting with Wookie Lite in openELEC recently (then reverting to Confluence skin). If you don't have the time to spare with installing repos and add-ons manually, it comes in pretty light (145-150??Mb from memory). The pack doesn't work out well in ANDROID on the T8-S Plus, but in other scenarios (OS or model), it has gone well so far.
DroidBOX Cloud (in openELEC) is also well worth a look and play in terms of ease of access if you prefer remote (well local network easiest) web based access to the system.
Reminder to self, need to update signature to include link to https://droidbox.co.uk/terms-of-service/#answer14

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Thanks kindly for your response. All is now functioning as I would like on my T8S Plus and am using it in preference to my T8S, which has been relocated upstairs. Regards.