kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Morning guys,

Picked up my first droidbox t8s yesterday after using kodi on my laptop over the last couple of weeks. On my laptop i did a hub wizard install and use aeon to improve my appearance. On my phone i upgraded to wookie yesterday before my box arrived to see what it was like. Tbh I'm not overly keen so I started looking at other builds/wizards.

I found 2 very nice looking builds, 1 is the premium lite build by spinztv and the other is andys 5.1 under the kodimaster wizard. The problem is I cannot install any of these on either the normal kodi version on android or the open elec boot up.

On the open elec version it suggests there is a script error upon trying to install either. On the normal android system it suggests theres an error with the wizards but not a script error.

I didn't realise the kodi version on the normal system is 15.1 as it kept coming up with messages. So I uninstalled it and put the new 15.2 version on thinking this could be the issue. Still exactly the same message coming up so I'm stuffed at this point and thought I'd ask the experts.

I'm going to reinstall kodi on my phone and try one of these builds to see if it's not an overall issue.

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for waffling on :)

Brent

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Just to update i've successfully installed the andy 5.1 build onto my Samsung s5 so the issue lies in the droidbox.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi my advice would be to run with the "wookie" wizard which most of us here have and can better support you. If it works, then you can eliminate a problem with the box. If it doesn't then at least diagnosis will be easier.
The wookie has all the major addons and if you need more you can install them.

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for the reply but surely we shouldn't be restricted into choosing only one wizard/build to use? I'm running the andy 5.1 build on my phone and it's great if I could get it running on the droidbox then it'd be perfect :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You can choose any wizard you want mr magpie!
But to help us diagnose any issues with your droidbox it will be easier for many of us to do that with the wookie wizard which is proven to work (unlike the other builds you refer to).
Have you contacted the developers of the builds to see if they are able to help with interpreting the error messages in case they have seen them before?

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
No I haven't as yet. Got in contact with igor from live support earlier and he's going to look into later when I'm home. He said its strange as it should work on the normal android side of the box no issues.

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
Just an update.

Igor from support remote accessed my droidbox last night and couldn't download the wizards either. He was gonna look into the issue and try to install on his own box.
He left me with wookie on the android version.

Some strange things are happening though. It keeps suggesting I need to update through the updater app, so I did that and after it'd installed it still tells me it needs to update. Also the openelec version tells me I'm running on August version although I've installed the the 29 sep version 2 days ago.

To add to my woes my streaming literally ground to a halt and wookie kept freezing. I reset my android version of kodi to original state and used openelec version. After that it was streaming fine. All very weird.

Oct 30, 2015
I find the thing to be a bit "hit and miss" too. For a quad core it can be a bit clunky too. I have to say though, compaired to my now ancient "sumvision cyclone HD" it is impressive as a cheap media player! And where is my wizard password? I never got one!