hexme

May 8, 2016
Just received my T8-s Plus.

After many reboots it won't find my location the little wheel is continuously spinning in the top left..

It Won't let me enter it manually either any ideas please?

Thanks

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Just received my T8-s Plus.

After many reboots it won't find my location the little wheel is continuously spinning in the top left..

It Won't let me enter it manually either any ideas please?

Thanks
I have exactly the same problem it doesn't seem to alter the performance of the box

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It won't be a high priority for the coders, no. Some parts of the launcher are fixed in stone effectively, but if Yahoo's new requirements can be worked in somehow, we'll post it up at the main blog - https://DroidBOX.co.uk/blog .

If a weather forecast is important to you then installing a new launcher would enable to to use any of the Weather-based apps from the Play Store (most have widgets included).

It is definitely just the weather forecast that is effected by Yahoo's changes, Android's Location Services function independently of Yahoo.

Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
Thanks, good to know - will you be changing the launcher in a future update (only asking as I am sure the parents can live with it until then - else I will start researching alternate launchers).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If they're likely to be annoyed by the spinning, I'd go with a different launcher from the start. Bit more flexibility with shortcuts, appearance, widgets etc then.
At some point I expect a revised or replacement launcher will be produced, but that is just from my experience of previous years, rather than anything concrete.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you are looking for an alternative launcher, i find nova from google play very good.