geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
I downloaded the kodi 17 64 bit apk from www.toptutorials.co.uk/android/ and it just says Not Installed after I click the install button. Any ideas?
I downloaded an app that says my mxqpro box is 64bit. Thanks.
Also my kodi 16.1 jarvis is set to auto update but it never did to 17.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
try 32 bit version. Also I would use Google play as my source or official Kodi site (Kodi.tv).
64 bit version is unlikely to work on the amlogic chipset (905x ?) used by Droidbox and others.

In most cases, it won't auto update. You need to go get it from the above places. Or wait for an version on a Droidbox ota update.

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
I installed the 32bit kodi as the 64bit wont install. How do I tell if it's a 64bit cpu and what bit os is installed? I have a app called 64 that tells me most of that data.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
There will be different apps that reveal the info, but I would install Antutu Benchmark by AnTuTu from the Play Store.
Open it up, click the Install & Test circle, click the Download option, Play Store will re-open, click install
Once installed, press the Return button once to return to the benchmark app
Click the INFO button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Basic Info> Android> It will display the OS version and whether it is 32 or 64 bit (also shown later in OS>Android section)
Scroll down a little more... CPU>Type> shows whether the CPU itself (rather than Android) is 32 or 64 bit.
There are other apps that can show this info, but this was the first I found that clearly stated OS and CPU in plain English.

Mitchyboy85

Mar 1, 2017
Hey guys first time have joined a fourm for this so sorry if in the wrong part.
I bought an android box It came with kodi pre loaded but it didn't show on my apps I found where it was uninstalled it to put the new vision on which I have done but it does not show on my apps and the only way for me to access kodi is to keep on installing it and clicking on open. Any ideas on what to do? If this makes sense.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Are you maybe looking at a favourite list, rather than an alphabetical list of ALL the installed apps?
Is it a DroidBOX device?
If you get REALLY stuck, open the Play Store, search for a new launcher (if compatible, try Next, Go or even Google's own launcher). Once installed, open it up, make sure it works OK (before setting it as the new default launcher), open the app drawer (often a circle with six dots). If you see Kodi there, but not anywhere in the original launcher, consider swapping to the new launcher.