Levi Stubbs

Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone thanks for allowing me on the forum, when I use the av leads on the box to my TV I just get a black screen and it is not the leads as I have been using a H96+ with the same leads and same telly. The box works perfectly using HDMI but the TV I want to use it on does not have HDMI is there something in the settings which needs to be altered, tried everything I can think of loads of times to no avail - anyone any ideas??
Regards

urie

Dec 27, 2017
You will probably have to change the screen resolution on the box when connected to another tv via hdmi you will find it in apps\droid settings\screen resolution
and change to 480 or 576 then connect to tv with no hdmi port.

AV cable standard definition video typically at 480i or 576i resolution.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You'll also find the phono sockets just aren't used/supported on some devices (posted more for future readers of this thread).
Another approach is to use something like TeamViewer on a PC, with QuickSupport running on the device. Use with HDMI on a TV to turn on the device, open quicksupport and allow the connection request from your PC , then disconnect HDMI, connect the phono leads and turn off automatic resolution selection and change the res as Urie recommended.
Might be worth checking DroidBOX's listing for the T95Z. Just looked, https://droidbox.co.uk/t95z-plus-4gb-32gb-4k-mini-computer-android-kodi-tv-box.html , only mentions HDMI, so you may find it doesn't support other connection methods. If your old TV has a DVI socket, you can use an adapter from HDMI to DVI, think the signals are the same, just the pin out that changes.

urie

Dec 27, 2017
Chris,
I was just about to try and find the av to rgb lead I had to check T95Z Plus but just remembered that was older tv/monitor.

And even though I did managed to connect that through AV port ( old MXQ ) box the quality was really bad.

Also went trying other options HDMI to DVI connector first one could not plug to TV due to position of the DVI socket so ordered an angled one it pluged it but TV was not capable of displaying. Since then I have managed to pick up small flat screen TV with DVI port from a M8 he upgraded his TV to watch film e.c.t. on his MXQ box I got TV from him cause I used to update his kodi builds :)

Reactions: ChrisM