ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
If i run this now will i loose all my add ons that ive added myself. I also want to uodate kodi to 15.2 on openelec how can i do this ?? Cheers.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
If i run this now will i loose all my add ons that ive added myself. I also want to uodate kodi to 15.2 on openelec how can i do this ?? Cheers.
Hi

If you set up some other add on wizard,that add on wizard may apply custom skin(which is case in wookie)but remember that you can always locate all add ons under videos>add ons no matter which skin you are using.
In case with wookie its under system>videoa add ons.

Custom shortcuts and favorites would be lost,again depends on which add on pack you install.

Regards

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks. So really running wookie wont update kodi to 15.2 just change the build/skin. Is that right.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If it asks you to clear data, which it usually recommends, you will lose any customisation, inc manually added addons.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
right i added leopold add on. Followed instructions. It says up date failed no update availisble for amlogic. de. Any advice woukd be good. When i purchased tbis droidbox i was under the impression tbey did all updates aitomatically. Can i ask why my version of kodi on openelec hasnt updated yet to 15.2. bit confused??

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You have lots if questions ian and they are a bit confusing. But lets have a go:

1. What is the leopold addon? What is it supposed to do? What is the relationship between the leopold addon and the update failure?
2. Firmware updates are available over the air. This does not imply auto updating. It is down to the user whether they want to take the firmware update or not. Many choose not to e.g. everything is working ok. Ditto kodi updates. The only thing which does autoupdate if you choose to do so are android apps and kodi addons.
3. Your screenshot shows a picture of an openelec directory but nothing to explain the url error. What are you doing to get that?
4. Have you actually run the kodi update on openelec?

See if you can work through that lot so someone can help you.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
In fact it says url error http://snapshots.openelec.tv

Please check URL
openELEC is special OS designed to run Kodi(XBMC) only.

You will either see update available through openELEC,or inside android you can run OTA updater which will bring new updates.

Also openELEC being special OS take longer time to update,as Kodi is built in the OS with all those special features.

Regards