David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Might be different routers..give it back and before you connect it to the other router power it off (router). Leave for a few mins and connect the box up and power it all back up....see what happens.​

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nigelar

cleo50

Feb 16, 2016
When my sister took the T8 home and connected it to her WiFi, she got the same 1970 issue. I had her turn off her router, leave it and connect up the box and power it all back up per David's suggestion and after running a speed test, it reverted back to 2016. Thing is, she has to do this every time she uses the box!o_O

phil49

Jan 31, 2016
Yes @cleo50 my isp is vodafone and they have blocked port 123 which is used for ntp servers.I can open the port on my huawei router and get access to ntp but when I reboot it reverts to no connection again

cleo50

Feb 16, 2016
Her router is also a Vodafone router Phil. Blocking port 123 must be a new occurrence because up until a week or two, everything was fine. Any idea why they've done this, is it a deliberate attempt to disrupt Android box users?

kawasakiinit

Apr 18, 2016
i have this issue with my new mxq box and have tried all i can find on youtube and above solutions but it just keeps losing say 35 mins over night ?? it seems to hold the right time while in use but while on standby over night or during the day it loses time .

what i have done this morning is make sure the time sync with internet box is checked in more settings /high accuracy in location/international time zone in kodi is correct and pulled the power plug out of the back of the box while it was switched on and left it unplugged for 30 seconds . when i plugged it back in it rebooted ok and after 20 seconds the clock synced correctly ..

not sure if its gonna work will be back to let you know ..

my box is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391377700094?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

kawasakiinit

Apr 18, 2016
yep i already found that and it works as my earlier attempted solution failed . when i switch it on now the time is wrong but within a min normally sooner it rights itself .

thanks very much for the help

dave.