mdnw

Sep 20, 2014
i am in love with my Q7 and seriously couldnt be happier to date but a friend of mine reckoms this maiz box thing does more i cant see what else it could do?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Quick glance at their site, it seems to be based on a Linux firmware...
Advantage: Normally less overhead compared to an Android OS based device, meaning you'll get more performance from your CPU/GPU
Disadvantage: There is no OS other than the interface with XBMC, so you can't run other apps. Not compatible with Android apps obviously.

Currently only accepting payments via Direct Bank transfer.

Wow! Just seen their price £124.99? That's if you just get the basic infrared remote.

Ha ha ha. Now I've seen the spec for the device. It is like an iMX6 or M6 device in a round case. Same CPU/GPU/Storage

Tried to check a couple of links that led to 404s

If you happen to want the exact same (older) hardware as his, with the same OS, you could buy two iMX6s or M6s almost for the same price, then download a compatible OpenELEC firmware and flash it. But you wouldn't have a round case...

Seriously, good luck to the company, and if your friend is happy with his device, then that is all that matters.

mdnw

Sep 20, 2014
I think he's foolish but there was no telling him the seller convinced him it was better for footie and that somehow the maiz box played everything in HD