gigabass1

Aug 29, 2014
Hi there , for some reason i really struggle to play hd files there is a lot of buffering going on,to the point i give in and wacth in sd.
My internet connection is very very stable and constantly runs at a steady 14 mb download speed .
is there a setting on the droidbox X7 that i should change ?
Thanks in advance

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Is this in XBMC? If so, can you try different add-ons, as well as choosing different sources for the same file? Sometimes a media hosting server will be too congested to send you enough info to view the file smoothly.
Also, just to double check that when you say buffering, XBMC does actually display a "buffering 0%" (and so on) message, rather than the video itself being a little jerky.
Can you give an exact example of a video that plays choppily, as well as the time of day you play it?
For example, XBMC>Video>Add-ons>MashUp>Icon Name>Film Name>180HOST.com>#1
I'll go through the same on my device and see if we can figure out the issue.

gigabass1

Aug 29, 2014
Hi there , it seems to have been since i installed the recommended latest version of xbmc i think its gotham 13.1 .
i had to install it 3 or 4 different times, with issues like playing episodes of example... under the dome Hd yes its states top right buffering percentage,and also was having the problem of watching a film and it would return to the app screen and come out completely of xbmc .
i am now reinstalling xbmc and going back through the install process.I will let you know how it goes.
from my standing my box worked better on the previous version of xbmc the one without the live tv add on on home screen.
who knows i will try again anyways and repost my result lol
cheers for quick reply.

gigabass1

Aug 29, 2014
forgot to say i always use movreel or billion uploads as i dont have to type any letters to watch them lol.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd consider reverting back to Frodo for now then - Original XBMC (V12/Frodo) For X7/X7 Ultimate/Q7/V9 Devices

Re movrell/billion uploads, I know what you mean (enter the letters you see above blah blah blah), but as an example, those two sometimes give me as little as 500kbit/sec when they're busy. It is worth checking out the other media hosting sites when choosing sources, as they seem to get less traffic, and easily provide around 5 or 6 mbit connections.