Amber27

Dec 1, 2015
Hopefully this is a simple problem.

I just upgraded our box from an iMX6 to an X7. We only use it to watch TV via FilmOn. It's been working fine for the most part, but intermittent black screen interruptions are not so good. I'm using exactly the same set-up as with the old box and there are no memory issues, I would think, since I've not added anything except the FilmOn app. The frequency of the interruptions varies, but their length is always the same - around 5 seconds; the black screen appears with the HDMI channel and resolution info.

Any help would be much appreciated.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try another HDMI cable as I had a similar problem a while back and that was the problem.
Also is this in kodi or apps in Android, check HDMI auto detected is off in setting, display, then underneath select the picture size you want to suit your TV ie 1080 @60 hz

Good luck

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hopefully this is a simple problem.

I just upgraded our box from an iMX6 to an X7. We only use it to watch TV via FilmOn. It's been working fine for the most part, but intermittent black screen interruptions are not so good. I'm using exactly the same set-up as with the old box and there are no memory issues, I would think, since I've not added anything except the FilmOn app. The frequency of the interruptions varies, but their length is always the same - around 5 seconds; the black screen appears with the HDMI channel and resolution info.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi

Can you please set the screen resolution of your box to 1080p.

If that is already done and stand alone app is not working,you can set up wookie wizard in Kodi(XBMC) and access FilmOnLive TV add on from there.

As an alternative method,in Wookie there is also Not Film On Live TV add on which provide the same streams as FilmOnLive TV add on.

If you need more help with these please message back

Reggards