Mike Watson

Dec 16, 2014
My droidbox x7 ultimate is not booting up. After the initial on screen" X" all I get is a greendroid icon screen overlaid with a date/time and an on screen number keypad. It doesn't go into loading first run on screen like normal and then show all the apps on home screen. Its never done this before and hasnt been a problem over last few weeks. I have tried switching on and off but just the same. And pressed "recovery" on underside - just the same. Any ideas please asap. I have tried to contact droidboxsupport but as yet have not had a reply. Cheers

Mike Watson

Dec 16, 2014
It turns out my son had connected up to a VPN provider. In doing so this required an Access code/Username/Password. It transpires inputting the Access code is done on the start up screen for android. Therefore the screen showing is to do this after the "X" boot-up screen. When access code was input the typical Home screen for droid box was there. Simples.
I guess not all VPN providers would be the same but this info might prove useful to others who are equally (?) puzzled.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I think we replied a little earlier, the lock screen on our devices works in the same way as Android tablets and phones (if the lock doesn't happen straight away, a thief could access your data (more relevant to phones really). I'm glad it is sorted now.