pitorro

Jul 19, 2014
After updating with the latest firmware img is not possible to enable wifi or bluetooth. any advice? thank you

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@pitorro Can you check the bottom of your X7 for me, and let me know if there is a label there? If so, does it mention AC8350/EKB311/B351 - can you type out the exact text there, and I'll see what can be done.

Shottie

Jul 19, 2014
I've got the same problem. After updating mine (because it went into a recovery loop) every time I try to turn on wifi or bluetooth it just turns it back off again straight away. Mine is B351-BT

Rob H

Jul 26, 2014
Hiya, I have this problem on my IMX6, but cannot see a label with the above info on it?

I had a power cut while I was away and the box hasn't been able to connect to the wifi ever since :-(

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No label because it is an iMX6, not an X7 :)

First, let's cover the basics, I'm assuming you've turned off and on both your modem/router and the iMX6?
If so, head to the WiFi section in Android's Settings menu, long click on your home's WiFi network, and select forget.
Now click on it again, obviously you'll need to re-enter the password.
Fingers crossed you'll be fine now.

Rob H

Jul 26, 2014
No label because it is an iMX6, not an X7 :)

First, let's cover the basics, I'm assuming you've turned off and on both your modem/router and the iMX6?
If so, head to the WiFi section in Android's Settings menu, long click on your home's WiFi network, and select forget.
Now click on it again, obviously you'll need to re-enter the password.
Fingers crossed you'll be fine now.

ok, I went to the wifi section but it is turned off and I cannot turn it on it just goes back to off after I have selected it again, so cannot even forget about the network.

any other ideas please?

Rob H

Jul 26, 2014

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, im having the same issue whereby the wifi will not turn on. Do you have the latest firmware for a X7 to fix this issue please??

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Hya, I followed your instructions. The box would not let me run the file from bootup, therefore I ran when prompted on the home screen. It said it was successful however we now have a new homescreen and everything but the box now keeps crashing all the time?!?

Rob H

Jul 26, 2014
I also followed the instructions, I pressed down on the av slot until I heard a click and then waited for the Android recovery menu appear when I applied power to but it did not happen. I tried also 'upgrade' from the 'all apps' android icon and then selected local file and then the .zip file (on usb stick) and it said to install and reboot click ok and it reset and still the same screen?

But not sure if I am supposed to select the 'DroidBOX_1.1.5_220514_preinstall.zip' to install? or do I need to unzip that too? confused.com

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Rob H You had the right file. We have had a few customers having issues with that release. Can you try https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kfznto58e8879n/DBX_18042014_OTA_.zip instead, and when you have a moment, let me know how it goes? If that one works (same procedure, unzip the files inside it to a USB device etc etc) I think I'll roll back the official recommendation to the April version. Thanks for your patience so far.

Rob H

Jul 26, 2014
@Rob H You had the right file. We have had a few customers having issues with that release. Can you try https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kfznto58e8879n/DBX_18042014_OTA_.zip instead, and when you have a moment, let me know how it goes? If that one works (same procedure, unzip the files inside it to a USB device etc etc) I think I'll roll back the official recommendation to the April version. Thanks for your patience so far.

I tried this but the Droidbox just boots up the same without going into a different menu?

I'm holding a cocktail stick in the AV port when it powers up but don't get the different menu ?

Also there are now 2 zip files to run (when I use the above link) and when I go into 'upgrade' in the all apps folder I've ran both of them but still does not make any difference?

Yours frustrated!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
With the cocktail stick in the AV socket, push it in very slowly at first. If the room is quiet enough you should be able to hear (and feel) a slight click after initial resistance. If you can't hear/feel this click, then the switch isn't being held down.
The preinstall.zip file can be ignored if you upgrade via the Recovery Menu. I'm not certain whether it is processed by the Android Upgrade/Update application.

If you have problems with the process, send an e-mail ( [email protected] ) with a link ( https://droidboxforums.com/posts/303 ), your original eBay/Amazon order ID and account name, and we'll sort the device in our office.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Hi im still having great issues with my box. Ive ran the update from the main screen as it will not run from bootup, now the box constantly keeps hanging, crashing and rebooting. I also tried to reset using the cocktail stick as advised and cocktail stick just disappears inside the box as there is nothing behind the AV socket. Can you please advise what to do next? Thanks.