budsy67

Feb 5, 2016
Could someone please offer advice on the following problem:
I am unable to access the xbmc window on the user interface. When I scroll to the circle with 6 small inner circles I can successfully select the dbmc 15 app.
Why cant I select it via the xbmc window?
Very naive with techy stuff so please be gentle and simple!
Thank you very much

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A possible cause is that the link between the xbmc button on the home page and the dbmc app does not exist or has broken.

This can happen if you update to a new version of kodi (e.g. kodi 15.2 or dbmc).

In my case the issue was resolved on my t8 by updating the box firmware. You don't say what box you have or what updates you've done since purchase but if you post that it will help confirm the issue.

Another way of getting around the problem is by replacing the default launcher (home page) with something like nova launcher from google play store which lets you customise your home screen.

Another way is to drag the dbmc icon from the apps section to your home page shortcuts section. You will have 2 "xbmc" icons now but at least one is accessible and working.

budsy67

Feb 5, 2016
I have a t8 box. Im unsure how to update the firmware. Initially it was working but stopped for some unknown reason

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Updating firmware can be scary. There are different instructions for the t8 depending on whether it was bought before or after june 2015. This page from the droidbox blog covers both cases. The risk, if you are not comfortable, is you could brick your box.

https://droidbox.co.uk/blog//page/2/

The safe option would be to copy the dbmc icon to your home page.

Denmiff

Feb 6, 2016
HELP NEEDED PLEASE just got a droid T8-s box off amazon

everytime i go on XBMC to watch there is a blue box at top of my TV screen saying.....Swip down from the top to exit full screen and a small box under that saying ok

how do i get rig of it please ...????

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Its just a first time use info message. Hit ok to acknowledge and continue.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
HELP NEEDED PLEASE just got a droid T8-s box off amazon

everytime i go on XBMC to watch there is a blue box at top of my TV screen saying.....Swip down from the top to exit full screen and a small box under that saying ok

how do i get rig of it please ...????
Try pressing the cursor button on your remote to bring up the cursor, use the arrow keys to move it to okay, press okay then the cursor button to turn of the cursor.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk