Chris Harriss

Jul 21, 2015
Hi
I wondered if anyone can help
I have had the MX running XBMC for almost one year. And last week when i tried to switch on the box it said android was updaing then just gets stuck on the MBoX screen. I can't get any further, any ideas?
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_7474.jpg
    IMG_7474.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 365

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Ok, have you tried pressing the restore button. 1st power off then press the restore button, plug the power back in and then the recovery menu should come up. If not keep the button pressed for a few more secs until it does.
Now just clear cache and then reboot and see if this sorts it out. If not then do it again but this time do a factory reset.
Here's a link to show you where the restore button is on the popular boxes.
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/
Hope this helps you....

Chris Harriss

Jul 21, 2015
Ok, have you tried pressing the restore button. 1st power off then press the restore button, plug the power back in and then the recovery menu should come up. If not keep the button pressed for a few more secs until it does.
Now just clear cache and then reboot and see if this sorts it out. If not then do it again but this time do a factory reset.
Here's a link to show you where the restore button is on the popular boxes.

Hope this helps you....

Hello David
Many thanks for your help! that works (well the clear cache option didn't, i had to restore to factory setting). Now i have the fun job of adding everything again.

One more question please. I tried to plug in a Mac Mouse into the MX box to enable me to download files etc.. But it didn't respond. Before I go and buy a PC mouse, do you know if the mac mouse should work? I am happy to go buy a pc mouse if you think it will just plug in and work?

Thanks again!

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Glad you got sorted, it can be a pain adding everything again..
As for the mouse not sure, and best if you try one of the remotes like the VIP air mouse. It has a keyboard on one side and normal remote on the other, also programable too.
Droidbox sell them for £14.99 on there site.

Chris Harriss

Jul 21, 2015
Glad you got sorted, it can be a pain adding everything again..
As for the mouse not sure, and best if you try one of the remotes like the VIP air mouse. It has a keyboard on one side and normal remote on the other, also programable too.
Droidbox sell them for £14.99 on there site.

Thank you for all your help. I have ordered the remote from Dropbox site.
Chris

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Which droid box do you have?
Are you saying kodi won't load or the machine sticks when booting up?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Then you are prob ably not doing the reset process quite right.
Again, which droidbox do you have so we can advise on the right way to factory reset your machine.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
They don't sound like they were supplied by droidbox.
However, here is a generic YouTube video showing how to factory reset these type of boxes if you want to see if this works

Maritess Co

Mar 4, 2017
Hi, please help. My MXQ PRO now stuck on MBOX logo. There was no reset button inside the AV/SPDIF hole. How can I reset my MXQ PRO? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170218_160214_8CS.jpg
    IMG_20170218_160214_8CS.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_20170218_161719.jpg
    IMG_20170218_161719.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 361

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If your box was supplied by Droidbox I would contact support to discuss the issue.
Otherwise contact your box supplier.

Magic Box Watcher

Sep 25, 2019
I was having the same problem as Chris only this is what came up after hitting the restore button. I can't scroll up or down or press "reboot system now" using my remote. Is the remote done? Can I hook my box to a PC and reboot it?
SystemRecoveryScreen1.jpg

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
You may need to use the original IR remote that come with the device. Also, if you have any USB dongles plugged in, try removing them. If this does not work, you may be able to plug in a USB keyboard to navigate the menus.