dmaz

Dec 16, 2014
Hi, I recently used the droidbox wizard to update things. Since then when I try and launch XBMC very often it just goes back to the main menu screen. Only after several attempts does it stay in XBMC ? any ideas. I have cleaned the box and re-installed gotham then used the wizard but still the same.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Hi, I recently used the droidbox wizard to update things. Since then when I try and launch XBMC very often it just goes back to the main menu screen. Only after several attempts does it stay in XBMC ? any ideas. I have cleaned the box and re-installed gotham then used the wizard but still the same.
Mine does the same but I put it down to me not giving it time to boot properly when I switch it on . After two attempts it usually works.

richard burd

Jan 27, 2015
The system needs time to boot up properly. The files try to update every time the box is turned on (from no power) and all files are compressing data. Like any computer, if there are lots and lots of commands and processes going on at once, the system will either close or reboot.
This can be seen on occasions when you first boot up XBMC, and in the top right corner it may flash up ''compressing files'', but only a quick flash. This will stop after a few minutes.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You'll also find that when XBMC fails to load, even after a long wait, then switching to the Confluence skin can help. XBMC>Sytem>Appearance>Skin: Confluence Customizable Mod>Select Confluence, confirm you're sure.
All the add-ons are still there, just head to Video>Add-ons.