poolgazza

Jan 8, 2015
Recently my YouTube has been showing a black screen and just playing audio. I've tried reinstalling the app but it's still the same. Any ideas folks?

poolgazza

Jan 8, 2015
Thanks for the reply. However my current version of Youtube has no option in the settings to enable or disable hardware acceleration. Guess I'm looking for a newer fix.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Looking at google search, there are many reports of this problem some solutions work, others don't. Have you tried opening the app in android - settings - apps, trying a force stop and then deleting data and cache?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply. However my current version of Youtube has no option in the settings to enable or disable hardware acceleration. Guess I'm looking for a newer fix.
Hi

Could you please compare runtime with youtube stand alone app inside box,youtbe playing by using the web browser,and youtube inisde the Kodi that is available as an add on.

If you could message back with results that would be great.

Regards

poolgazza

Jan 8, 2015
Hi

Could you please compare runtime with youtube stand alone app inside box,youtbe playing by using the web browser,and youtube inisde the Kodi that is available as an add on.

If you could message back with results that would be great.

Regards
Not sure of what you mean by "runtime ". The add-on within kodi works. The other 2 have the black screen problem.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello Pool... Try Clearing data on Youtube app, here is how to:
From Home Screen>Settings(two cogs)> Other>More Settings> Apps
Or From Home Screen>Settings (Two Cogs)>Apps>
After reaching apps find youtube click Force Stop then click on Clear Data.
Now go back to Home Screen by clicking on the Home Button on remote then Go onto Playstore (shopping bag like icon) then search for youtube and click on it and then if it shows Update click on Update... After update is Complete it will show Open... Now click on Open and see how that works for you.

Also if you are a T8 or T8-S user please update firmware on your box and see if that resolves the issue, here is how to:
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/t8t8-s-ota-update-12-11-2015/

Hope that helps

poolgazza

Jan 8, 2015
Hello Pool... Try Clearing data on Youtube app, here is how to:
From Home Screen>Settings(two cogs)> Other>More Settings> Apps
Or From Home Screen>Settings (Two Cogs)>Apps>
After reaching apps find youtube click Force Stop then click on Clear Data.
Now go back to Home Screen by clicking on the Home Button on remote then Go onto Playstore (shopping bag like icon) then search for youtube and click on it and then if it shows Update click on Update... After update is Complete it will show Open... Now click on Open and see how that works for you.

Also if you are a T8 or T8-S user please update firmware on your box and see if that resolves the issue, here is how to:
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/t8t8-s-ota-update-12-11-2015/

Hope that helps
Thank you. The method you described worked for me. I haven't yet upgraded my firmware and was wondering if I were to do so would I lose all of my installed apps and my configuration of kodi? Again, thank you.