Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi all,
I was trying to watch an old horror film using UK Turks. I think it was an old Frankenstein Film. Anyway, it wont play and I keep getting a message along the lines of " Universal Studios content - Blocked. Is there any way of getting round this please? If not then I can always download to a NAS and watch it but I may get this again sometime.
Thanks in advance
Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sounds like it was a YouTube hosted video file.
Depending on the country you live in AND the device you're viewing the video on, the copyright holder can prevent playback.

Solution?
Simplest is look for another source for the same film. Try a different add-on, or just opening the actual YouTube application (outside of Kodi/DBMC) and search the film title, with the hope of finding one that isn't blocked.
If that doesn't help, you could try visiting youtube.com in the Browser app and selecting the Desktop version of the site from the menu. If that didn't help, then using a VPN to appear to come from a different country that doesn't have this restriction in place would be my last gasp attempt at a solution. Definitely look in other add-ons first.
Obviously make sure you do have any required permissions from the copyright holder first.