Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
(also posted in T8 section)

OK I have one more problem, biggest of the lot, and it’s doing my head in.

Some films, are too big for the screen e.g. person on the right of the picture will be cut off. So I got to system-settings-video output and there you can change the shape of the screen. I do this, only it still happens, and very often the picture is actually off to the right anyway instead of being central. When the film is playing, you can go to the movie reel symbol and again, change the dimensions, but I just get black bars all round and you can actually see that these intrude on the picture because you can see the “edge” of the picture right on the very edge of the screen, after these bars start (sorry I know this is confusing but can’t think how to describe it.)

Some films play absolutely normally, no adjustment needed. Others, off to the right. Documentaries, again, most normal, others off to the right.

I went to bed at 4.30 this morning, from 2.30 onwards I was watching a film and every 5 minutes was trying to get the picture to it’s proper size.

I tried changing the picture on my actual tv but it just makes it bigger or smaller and doesn’t bring the ‘missing bits’ into shot.

This is ruining the whole experience for me to be honest.

(If I go to system/settings/system, there is an option to change display mode and resolution but these are greyed out)

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Answering my own question here but I think I've solved it. On the main screen, on the two cogs settings icon, go in and click on Display, then uncheck HDMI Auto Detection, click on HDMI Output setting mode and change it to 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.