rick_ca

Jul 26, 2014
Ok here’s what I’ve done today I followed instruction on data removal and re-installing droidbox xbmc downloaded the wizard and followed instructions, I then setup the channels/movies to my preference in the skin to suit my personal preference. I then went to the app area in advance settings and I deleted the apps which I felt were totally useless on a static android device and then turned off the unit, grandkids went to turn unit on and nothing box wouldn’t power up tried turning power bar on and off still nothing got my meter out and had 5voltsdc at power plugin end. So plugged power back in unit fires up??? Go to xbmc (droidbox version) the old skin is there so of to video add-ons I go and see wizard there and had to rerun it again now it looks like I have to setup video preferences again, tried going into “genesis” and found it has been disabled what’s up with that this was my go to after “mashup” parted ways. So I’m sorry for long post but if anyone can throw some insight as to what might have happened I would appreciate it Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi sounds strange, I would start again as something got crupted along the way. As you did before go out of xbmc and go to apps clear xbmc's data..then back to xbmc and reinstall the wizard again. Reminder after you run the wizard leave it to do all the updates(20mins or so).Then after that unplug the power, wait a second then plug it in. See if that works. I'm testing the new wizard soon so that will be out hopefully soon . Good luck and hope it works for you.

rick_ca

Jul 26, 2014
Thanks Dave I'm going to spend some time on it today again but I have another question hopefully you can throw some insight on it, even though I deleted a bunch of apps when I turned unit on they started updating again and why do we even need app's is there a way to remove all app's or does droidbox sell a unit minus the app's. I mean its not like I need them if I need to facebook I will use computer and Phone LOL, all I want this X7 to do is watch shows, sports and movies and not have apps running in background taking up memory and space.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
They use to sell the imx6 as xbmc only, it was a Media Centre Edition I think it's still on amason. It boots straight to xbmc and there no apps too, so all the power of the box is just for xbmc. I've got it and I think it was the best until the T8 came out...but mine still runs great. You can i think set you box to open just into xbmc i think its on this forum in a thread but before you do make sure you clear cache for all apps to. Hope this answers you question.