KDFC

Nov 23, 2015
Hi
I am hoping that someone can help me with a problem that has developed with Kodi 15.2 and my Amazon Firestick.
The problem just began out of the blue and I have no idea what caused it and even a totally fresh install has done nothing to help.
This is the best way I can describe the problem.
1. I go to Programs and carefully enter the source address and then name a file.
2. The file downloads and appears in the list so no problem there.
3. I then back out and go to System-Add-Ons-Install from Zip file and nothing, it will just not appear and I therefore cannot open it as a zipfile.

I tried downloading a different version of Kodi and was lucky enough to find one that included PVRs and includes Fusion so I can at least access Genesis and a few other worthy files but the same problem remains.
The problem is that no matter what I try I cannot add anything else such as The Beast or anyother build.
I am hoping someone can help me out as it is driving me crazy.
Thanks in advance.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Try adding it with the confluence skin, In kodi go to system>appearence>skins, change to confluence skin.
see if you can add it with that.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I know nothing of the amazon firestick but when you go to install from zip are you looking in the right place? What folder do zip files get downloaded to? Are you pointing at it when you go to open it?

KDFC

Nov 23, 2015
Hi, Try adding it with the confluence skin, In kodi go to system>appearence>skins, change to confluence skin.
see if you can add it with that.
Hi, I tried it again using Confluence which is the only skin I have as I cannot install any others aside from the default skins.
The downloaded sources are still refusing to migrate to the Install From Zip File window :(

KDFC

Nov 23, 2015
it seems to be that Kodi is not happy with certain add ons but I did once have the choice of anything I fancied.
I can only assume that when I wiped the stick I forgot to add something to it when I reinstalled Kodi

soopagaz

Jan 25, 2015
hi

I think I am having a similar problem!

I have tried add-source, fusion.tvaddons.

I have entered the correct path, however when I try to enter a name for the source KODI will not let me fill it in!

is this a source they do not like or do I have a fault with KODI 15,2 and I need to reinstall it?

advice welcome?

gaz

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@soopagaz If you're not able to fill in a name for the Source, then you're not in Confluence, and there is a bug. Head back to Kodi's homescreen, and look for SYSTEM, SETTINGS or if they can't be found, some hide it under the POWER/QUIT menu. Appearance next, then click on the line at the top on the right that starts SKIN.
Now select Confluence (not Customizable Mod) and confirm the change. Returns to Kodi's homescreen and you'll be able to add the source in File Manager. Back to System>Appearance etc if you want to swap skins back again afterwards.