Globalmedic

Sep 14, 2015
I'm a total noob to android and XBMC. Decided to take the plunge 1 week ago and went with T8-S mainly to record content off line from youtube.

(1)Simple query anyone suggest step-by-step guide to record youtube content? any plugins/add ons required?
(2) How to save movies/sports in XBMC?

Great forum by the way thanks to all contributors.

Reactions: Shane Robinson

Shane Robinson

Mar 24, 2015
I'm a total noob to android and XBMC. Decided to take the plunge 1 week ago and went with T8-S mainly to record content off line from youtube.

(1)Simple query anyone suggest step-by-step guide to record youtube content? any plugins/add ons required?
(2) How to save movies/sports in XBMC?

Great forum by the way thanks to all contributors.
Great question, I will be watching this thread with interest as I have just installed a hard drive in my T8-S and don't have a clue how to download and save content to it or even how to find the damn thing in any of the menus (also a noob) !!!!

Last edited:

Globalmedic

Sep 14, 2015
Thanks for that bud!

Seems crazy that this is probably one of the first android products on the market with optional internal HDD for recording but info. and instructions on recording is negligible. I've emailed the the droidbox guys and I'll feedback anything I find out. I do know that recording live streams is supposedly not possible.

Reactions: Shane Robinson

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you formatted the HDD in openelec, after that you need a pathway for the add-on. So Phoenix go in and press menu then click in add-in setting, scroll to download and set a path. Normaly var/media/HDD
just click on it until you see the HDD and click ok.
Do this in most add-ons, remember it is illegal to download so I don't recommend it in any way.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Globalmedic

Shane Robinson

Mar 24, 2015
Have you formatted the HDD in openelec, after that you need a pathway for the add-on. So Phoenix go in and press menu then click in add-in setting, scroll to download and set a path. Normaly var/media/HDD
Do this in most add-ons, remember it is illegal to download so I don't recommend it in any way.

Hope this helps
Thanks, how do you get to the downloaded content on the HDD ?

Reactions: Globalmedic

Globalmedic

Sep 14, 2015
Thanks David, At least youve directed me to the correct menus.

I cant see that copying youtube videos would be copyright infringements? I'm looking at collecting favourite How-to videos, non commercially produced stuff.

Anyway great heads up thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Globalmedic - To download YouTube videos, I'd probably open up ES File Explorer, then head to the Homepage within the LOCAL menu on the left. Click on Movies in the Bookmarks area, then search for the video you want to download. Play the video and make it full screen. You'll see a little download icon in the top right corner. Click that and then select Save.
As ever, do make sure you have permission first.

Ah, just tested and a couple of videos failed to download! OK http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/g...-youtube-videos-android-phone-tablet-3420161/ looks fairly comprehensive, I'd give that a go.

@Shane Robinson You could add the media to Kodi's library - http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources - or just manually browse through them via Video Files (rather than add-ons). If the skin you're using doesn't have a Files entry under Video, then open up the master list of all video add-ons (Video Add-ons, Media Portal, Add-on Hub possible menu titles, depending on the skin), click the first ( .. ) entry and then select Files.

Donnie187

Mar 23, 2015

Hope this helps
David I try download a film from Phoenix everything seem to download fine but when I try yo fine movie in hhd nothing I'm using android should i use openelec ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Donnie187 Which path did you set in the add-on's settings? Are you using ES File Explorer to find the files in Android? If you're certain the files did download, you could try clicking the SD Card Analyst entry in the TOOLS menu on the left in ES File Explorer. It'll show you where the biggest files are, should be able to locate them that way.

Donnie187

Mar 23, 2015
@Donnie187 Which path did you set in the add-on's settings? Are you using ES File Explorer to find the files in Android? If you're certain the files did download, you could try clicking the SD Card Analyst entry in the TOOLS menu on the left in ES File Explorer. It'll show you where the biggest files are, should be able to locate them that way.
Path storage/external_storage/sda1

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Can you Dave to a external HDD as long as path is set to it can you save from the I vue TV menu guide. Also could you record on a timer .cheers.