gordon

Aug 12, 2014
Hi I am having problems with the sound when I go into kodi it will play for a while then disappears ,other times when a program starts I have to wait a few minutes then the sound comes on.
My internet connection is ok. I have tried clearing data and cache but still the same results.
Only sound I get now is her indoors screaming she can't watch the soaps so if you can help a grumpy old man who lives in Cyprus to get the peace he retired for it would be much appreciated

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you are using a HDMI cable for both AV, then try a new one or swap it for another one and give it a go.
As it sounds like a cable issue, even unplug and put it back in. That will
Renew the connection....good luck and hope you get the pease you deserve.

gordon

Aug 12, 2014
Hi tried new HDMI it's just the same sound comes on about 5 min after program has started then comes and goes. Wish her indoors could do the same

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here that it didn't work, in a lot of cases its the cable or the cable not making a connection properly. You could try another input on your TV...
Is it just in Kodi the sound goes, if so try Showbox or Mobdro see if the sound ok there.
If its only Kodi check the Audio setting are correct in System, system and then down to Audio output and check your settings. Make sure number of channels is set and check other setting are off (unhighlighted) ie passthrough. Worth a look...

Good luck

Karen Cross

Oct 13, 2014
Hi Dave we're having the same problem.sound ok in showbox but could you please tell me in channels set what the number should be
Thanks
Karen

Karen Cross

Oct 13, 2014
Hi Dave
yes done that but what I'm after please is what the number should be ??
Ours is on 2
Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Normally set it to 2.0 channels and if you are using a amp with Dolby digital then highlight Enable passthrough.
Then highlight Dolby Digital (AC3) and the one underneath enable transcoding.
Out of kodi go to setting advanced and also set here passthrough and PCM, see if this helps you...

Good luck.

Karen Cross

Oct 13, 2014
Bought a new lead and set to 2.0 and all seems well now thanks David
Apart from that the rest you say is out of my range lol
It just plugs straight into tv via hdmi
Thanks

Reactions: David Savage