Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Looking to upgrade my droidbox and noticed these on droidboxs site. I'm looking for a box to go with Onkyo amp and able to play surround sound DD and DTS.
Also notice there's nothing on this forum about these boxes, or is that because the are so new.

Thanks.

SAL

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, the xtreamer boxes are new to droidbox but have been going for awhile.
Not sure if they have a custom firmware on by droidbox. I can see from YouTube videos they are very good..

Like Sean said the T8-S Plus is also a great box, and a good upgrade.
I've tested the T8-S plus and mini for 5.1 and they sound amazing and recommend them. Plus they run lolipop 5.1, so also good.
As for the xtreamer boxes can't comment on sound and what I can see they are still on Kitkat 4.4, which might be updated in a firmware update, but im not sure on this.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Sal

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
I'm going to check some reviews out, thanks.
Not noticed these boxes before, and just wanted to see if anyone has one for some feedback.

SAL

Reactions: David Savage

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you're looking at reviews, Xtreamer Wonder is close enough to our Xtreamer Wonder Plus that you should be fine using the reviews as a point of reference. The "Plus" part is an external WiFi aerial, rather than internal.
Prodigy 4K has HDMI in, you can record or have picture in picture, using another device (Sky box, Virgin, DVD player etc)

I've not actually had one to play with yet, so above is going from our listings and Googling prior to the listings being published.

Lollipop updates were available for at least one of the devices via Xtreamer's OTA system.

Reactions: Sal

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for your replys, looking at the xtreamer prodigy 4k, like the fact of the HDMI in.
Has anyone on this forum got one to say how it works, and used it day to day.
Be nice to no as it's quite expensive.

SAL