Simon79

Dec 26, 2014
Hi whenever I start a stream through Wookie the sound takes a couple of minutes to kick in. Any ideas how to sort this?

Thanks

Reactions: Painterman7

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I dont have an answer but i can tell you it is nothing to do with the wookie which is merely a device to install addons. So we need to concentrate on things like, which addons are giving you the problem? what broadband speed you are getting on the box? wifi or ethernet connection? droidbox model, kodi version? We might be able to diagnose the issue better if you can answer that lot. Rgrds.

Simon79

Dec 26, 2014
It happens with any add on I try, Exodus mostly but also when I used Sports mix. My box is an x7 ultimate running latest kodi. I use wifi BT Infinity fibre never had this problem before but it does appear to have coincided with me installing latest Wookie update

Thanks again

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Here's a handy guide for audio sync in kodi:

http://bestforkodi.com/sync-your-audio-in-kodi/

But as you say a couple of minutes is a very big sync, maybe try a new HDMI cable or adjust your settings in the tv settings it self. I had this issue ages ago with free view, after sorting the tv settings it was the surround sound system that was at fault. I had to re sync via that.

If it is indeed minutes I would try via your tv settings first and/or surround sound if applicable. Couple of seconds then use the guide above.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes i agree with trying the above gaz. But from rereading the original post it seems it is less of a sync issue than a no audio at all issue for several minutes.
Just thinking that experimenting with the hardware acceleration settings (in system - settings - acceleration) might be worth doing. Can you try different on/off combinations and report back?

Reactions: thegazsheard

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Simon79 if the problem persists after that, can you try clearing Kodi's data and just installing ONE video add-on (selected from one you normally use after installing Wookie) manually, via a repository or even just a ZIP file.
Whilst Nigelar and I seem to agree on most things in the forum, there is a small chance that the Wookie Wizard, or rather one of the specific packs, applies a tweak to a setting or XML file that doesn't cause most people problems, but somehow is playing up for you Simon. If this is the case, then installing JUST a video add-on should allow audio to start immediately. We then know to either try a different pack from Wookie or a different Wizard. Or comparing settings and XML file contents before and after Wookie.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Good point SS. I didn't know the wookie did stuff like that. Hopefully @Simon79 will come back on here and tell us how he is getting on with our suggestions. Feedback helps everyone on the forum.