Droid4653

Jul 25, 2015
Sorry if it in the wrong place.
My t8-s is 3 days old and I went into openelec kodi and it started to load then nothing. I left it for ages but nothing. I Read a load of comments on hear and did try the reset button I wiped the cache and rebooted. All I get us a flash of the droidbox wallpaper then nothing and a message, no In put on screen. I Tried the hdmi cable and TV which are all fine. So I did a factory reset as the thread says. It wipes info but then nothing, no script loading nothing so I reboot and the droidbox logo appears the box says boot and the clockk sets. Then I get the blank screen again with the no input medsage. Any ideas as it seems to have lost the factory img.

Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, sorry to here this, I think try again
Power your box off, then unplug your box from the back.
Push in the restore button and hold, now plug it back in, still holding the restore button.
You should see the recovery menu now, clear cache and then do a factory reset.
Wait while it does this, after it boots up go and see if its alright.
Now go to Kodi and load the wizard up.
I would use the Kodi wizard and after its finished loading click ok on the last message and again unplug the power from the back....wait and back in. Should be all done now. Good luck

Dave

Reactions: Droid4653

Droid4653

Jul 25, 2015
Hi Dave I must have tried this 6 or more times. I get into the recovery screen select wipe cache and then select factory reset. The screen then asks me to confirm and wipes data . I believe it should then run script and load the factory I'm but this is not the case it just stops. No script no flashing green man nothing. The only option I get are the reboot, install for ext, adb or cache. Nothing is listed in these except lost and found and something else. So I select reboot the box reboots and displays boot on the display at thus point the droidbox logo shows on the TV for a few seconds then goes blank the clock on the box shows 0000 then gets the correct time and the blue power light remains on with a message on the TV "no input" as I say I've checked the leads and tv which are fine that's why the logo appears.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, doesn't sound good...I would use the contact us at the bottom of the screen. Explain what happened and that should start the ball rolling.
You will need to put your invoice number and any other details so they no who you are.
The live chat is only Monday to Friday so at leased you might get a reply.
Sorry I couldn't help and hope you get this sorted soon.

Dave

Droid4653

Jul 25, 2015
I know that's why I'm not too upset mine was on a recommendation and I have already recommended one to a friend who purchased today and now the father in law wants one. So hears hoping to a speedy solution.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Good to here, I've had three boxes all
been great apart from the latest one, and that was my fault. Wrong power cable I used the T8 power cable on the T8s and there's a slight difference.
You will get this sorted.

Dave

Reactions: Droid4653