JoeO

Dec 2, 2014
Hey guys, has anybody figured out how to get 3d working on this box? Is it supported?

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
Yes JoeO, these devices supports 3D videos. Just choose and play a 3D Video/Movie in XBMC . I have a 47 " LG Cinema 3D TV with a Magic Remote. I just press my Magic Remotes' 3D button option while playing a 3D movie and my TV screen automatically adjust to 3D mode. No need to configure your devices' Settings! :eek:

JoeO

Dec 2, 2014
Yeah thought so, but everything just comes through for me in 2d... strange. Tv is a Bush, nothing fantastic, but works ok with blu rays.... messed with auto and manual settings but no change.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
most if not all 3d movies are SBS ( side by side ) so I suggest you make sure the following settings are configured in XBMC

1:In XBMC settings > videos > playback > playback mode of stereoscopic videos > use preferred mode
2: Settings > System > Preferred stereoscopic mode > Select your choice. (SBS )

if configured correctly, you should see a split screen (SBS) then all you need to do is activate the 3D on your TV and away you go.. pls be aware
that 3d files tend to be 1080p 5.1 files and are huge so expect to see a lot of buffering..

Reactions: ChrisM

sycodiablo

Jan 7, 2015
Also important to make sure TV is in "just scan" picture mode. For ages thought 3D was out of sync but when I discovered this everything perfect.

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
I think that option may be unique to your TV as its not an option on my Samsung C7000 tv.. I just need to select SBS ;)

m4253y

Jan 10, 2015
Until I get a 3D set to experiment with, if an auto mode doesn't work, we could be a bit stumped. I'd recommend finding an appropriate area here - https://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs.155/ or here - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/ and look for people with the same make and family of models, who posted about their 3D experiences. If there aren't any threads/posts on it, start a new one.
so, i am quite curious.

i was under the impression that no moderator nor admin was on in the past 24 hrs and yet i see that in fact i was incorrect.

question, do you just reply to those posts that you actually care about or does a customer with one of your boxes purchased directly from you not merit a reply to a serious issue?

sycodiablo

Jan 7, 2015
I think that option may be unique to your TV as its not an option on my Samsung C7000 tv.. I just need to select SBS ;)
Normally that's what i do my button just says 3d on it but if you have a picture mode option i.e zoom, 16:9, 14:3 etc if there's one similar to scan make sure its on that one or you get the 2 pics out of sync. migraine central after a few mins

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@m4253y - Your second post with the same content was automatically marked as spam by the system, I've just corrected the system to it knows you're not a spammer.

I come in at the weekends sometimes, yes. I answer some threads. I'm not paid unless it is Monday - Friday office hours. So if you see me online outside those hours, I'm here of my own free will and replying when I can.
Will I return to threads when I'm working again? Yes. I was away Thursday and Friday last week, and after having moved back to Britain after 9 years, my weekends are full right now preparing kids for new schools, new languages etc.

I'll be catching up with the forum posts tonight and tomorrow.
I'm not sure if you're really looking for an answer to your post, or if you were venting.
Anyway, we'll leave this thread for 3D posts.

m4253y

Jan 10, 2015
your fking wizard doesn't work. period!

i have moved on to program the fking box myself as your service and support suck!

your so-called company doesn't even answer the fking phone on a monday morning.

your fking homepage where you can have a live chat defers to leaving a message.

what did i fking miss?

i am not surprised your website did what it did given the competence on display...and you guys consider yourselves into technology?

fking joke!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Our Wizard isn't working on your device right now. I'm hoping we can sort that out.
If the office is busy (phonecalls/live chat) then e-mail would be the best option.
Swearing and creating fake facebook profiles won't help.