harryh38

Oct 20, 2014
Bought this cheap priced tv box on ebay to play with and it did what it said on the box xbmc, films, shows worked alright.The only thing I wanted to change was the kitkat block of the sd card memory to store or except transfers from the small internal storage.
My options to alter were ; Root and alter permissions with an app. or use ES3 file explorer to rewrite .
As an optimist I tried the root and app. The usb connection worked. The app down loaded all seemed well until I went to load when I lost the lot, left with a near dead brick. The power connects red light on (but wont turn blue) and the usb still connects and sees the rock chip.
I have tried the reset button and power on off several times to no avail.
I have tried Rookchip-batch tool in an attempt to reflash an OS. but it fails to recognise the Q7.
Have I any chance of repair or is it dead?
If there is a way Iv not found it and any help or guidance to web sites would be appreciated.
It become a bit of a challenge.
(an aside)
Whats the best droid box that is for sale?
Harry
very new to Andriod, a pc veteran.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The (new version) of the M8 is the best - https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-m8-amlogic-s802.html

Re your PC not recognizing the Q7, have you installed the drivers? If so, can you let me know which ones they were/where they came from please? You can softbrick these devices, where a firmware flash will fix it, but if you have driver problems, it can obviously appear to be a no hope case. I'm assuming you are holding in the reset button when attaching the Q7 to your PC and then supplying power to it?

[edit]
Re being new to Android, we all start from little or no knowledge originally! I started in MS-DOS 4 days on big devices, and hung onto Windows Mobile with phones for as long as I could - until all the developers had eloped to Android...