Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

I have bought the iMX6 and yesterday I reseaved the product and have connect it and startup the device. Everything works fine but I have something strange. I have XBMC on it with version 13.0, I have updated the app to 13.2 succesfull en works well, also I have delete a couple of apps that was installed. But now if I restart the device, or turn the device off and restart the device XBMC is back to 13.0 and the deleted apps are back. So he do not save my changes..

What can I do that if I update or delete something he save my actions also after reboot the device.
Thanks for answers.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
This is a guess, but do you have the SD card or USB device with firmware files on them, still plugged into the device? If so, either delete the firmware files, or just remove the SD card or USB device from your iMX6.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks but I have no sdcard or usb in the device only the internal storage. Can u say how the map is called or the files that I need to delete of they are still there, I have a root explorer that can go in to system files etc because the device is rooted.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
I think I have found a solution for now.....

If I go with a root explorer to the system folder there is a folder called "pre-installed apps". If I delete there the apps that I wanted to delete the apps stay gone after restart.
And I downloaded the newest version of XBMC and copy the new version in the "pre-installed apps" folder, then I get the question to overwrite the apk I say "YES" and the system restarts. Then I get a message "update apps" and after that the new version of XBMC is installed. I can now restart or turn the system off and on, the apps are deleted and the new XBMC version is running fine.

I don't know of this is normal to do this that way, but for now and for me its works.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Your skills are impressive!
This fix is not standard.
It sounds like it is re-installing everything upon rebooting.

Do your settings in XBMC get left alone after a reboot? For example, if you download the Android iMX6 pack in our DroidBOX Wizard, and also (temporarily) change skins, exit XBMC then reboot, is everything still in place?
If not, can you repeat that process, reboot, then wait five minutes before launching XBMC, exiting and rebooting again, and let us know if XBMC then retains the reconfiguration or not.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
The rest works wel and the settings I change in XBMC all there after reboot.. Also the rest of the settings I change in Android part is still there after a reboot... I try tot change skin and reboot and let know if this also works (I think its works because the rest also) but I let it know.​

I am glad that Android is like playing a Soccer game home for me because in the past I had a own Android forum.

So I let know that the skin part also is saved normal after reboot.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hai
Tested and works also fine! If I watch a movie or serie he also checks that I have watch the episode or movie already. After reboot he still shows everything and the changes at a skin or choose a new skin also there after reboot. So everything seems tot be working well.

Reactions: ChrisM

Robjedank

Jan 7, 2015
I have the same thing, although i cant find the system folder, maybe my device i not rooted, also in the recovery menu with the thoothpick method my remote doesnt work, also a mouse, keyboard wont work

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which device do you have Robjedank?
You'll first need to get to the root of your device ( / ) then look for the System folder. If the file browsing app has a Up Folder or .. or Up A Level type option, click that until you can see folders like /mnt/ , /system/ , /data/ , /dev/ etc etc Then head into the System folder.

Re the recovery menu, if your remote control has an air mouse function (wave your remote to move the on screen cursor), please disable that first.