Graham Engley

Sep 24, 2015
Hi All,

Why don't I get video from All 4?

The adverts play video but when the program starts I just get sound and no Video!.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have you updated the app? If not go to google play and update it (you haven't said which droidbox you have but any running lollipop dont auto update).

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A quick google shows loads of people having problems with this app, particularly on firesticks. The problem reported seems to mimic yours so it could well be general app crappiness on android based tv boxes.

*****see also comments on google play store, many reporting this problem*****

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As per the above post Graham, the all4 app has a pretty poor reputation across most platforms so if it does work you can buy yourself a drink. Android boxes are generally not supported by these apps so the developers rarely help. I had a similar issue with bbc iplayer some time ago on the older t8 box, although it was subsequently fixed by the developer.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Often comes down to either because it detects an HDMI socket is being used/present or they won't allow playback on rooted devices, in case anyone is trying to record it (to protect themselves and their media content producers I suppose).