sheepy98

Jan 7, 2022
Hi everyone ,

I have owned the RG552 for about 4 weeks now and am loving it . I use Android with the supplied 64gb sd card . I am interested in putting some Spectrum , C64 , BBC Micro and Amiga ROMS onto the RG552 and was wondering which emulators to use . Has anyone tried these systems out and how do they transfer to a handheld with dpad and buttons when originally on a keyboard ? Also does anyone know the largest sd card size that can be used on the RG552 ?

Many thanks for any feedback .

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
For C64, Spectrum and Amiga - the first port of call I'd make is RetroArch. Cores already exist for these platforms and they probably work alright?
For the BBC Micro - I guess Beebdroid?

I've not tried any of these. But, if you remap control (or even use the keymapping update to handle on-screen buttons), any games that don't rely on you typing words should be just fine. Since there's no practical difference between a pad and a keyboard in that instance.

sheepy98

Jan 7, 2022
Hi BenDroiX ,

Thank you for the reply I appreciate that . You dont happen to know the largest sd card capacity that can be used on the RG552 as well do you ?

Cheers

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Personally I wouldn't go larger than 256GB. These devices can get a little iffy when the SD card sizes get super huge.