alang

Oct 1, 2014
Hi,
I received my Androidbox Q7 from you last week, I have noticed that the Android version on it is Jelly Bean 4.2.2. However, I know it can run on Kitkat 4.4.2. Is it worth upgrading it ? If so, how do I go about it?

alang

Oct 1, 2014
Further looking at the Box, I have found that the XBMC version it's running is, 12.4.1 when it's advertised as running 13.3.2 How come it's not loaded up as promised in advert with updated XBMC and Android Version? And how do I get it updated for both of these???

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Looking into that for you now, I'll need to wait for the guys in the office to get in and see my message. Gotham and KitKat are mentioned on our website, though I did notice I need to update one of the logos for the Q7, as it still refers to 4.2.2 .
Can you PM me ( http://droidboxforums.com/conversations/add?to=SilentlyScreaming ) your order ID, name and postcode please, and I'll grab your order details (I need to make sure I find the correct firmware, as there are two versions of the WiFi chip used in Q7s). Would you prefer to flash to a more recent firmware (featuring Gotham XBMC) yourself, or for us to do it in the office?

Mayank

Jul 22, 2014
Hi SS,

I have emailed on [email protected] with my ebay transaction details 2 days back but hasn't received the link for new Kitkat rom and updated XBMC.

Can you please let me know the link to download the latest firmware/updates.

Thnx, Mayank

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've just e-mailed you now. We had a delay whilst trying to work out which WiFi chips specific Q7s had via their purchase date, but we couldn't find a reliable method.

alang

Oct 1, 2014
I did not receive an email response, the content was blank? Please can you resend me it?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@alang That was a reply to Mayank, sorry I should have tagged it appropriately.

I'm fairly sure I PMed the info to you, let me check.

Yes, on Saturday. If you hover your cursor over your forum user name in the top right corner of this page, and then click on conversations, you should see a list of PMs (conversations) sent and received there.
In case you have problems with that, it is possible that this link will take you straight there - http://www.droidboxforums.com/conversations/updating-android-system-xbmc.46/ . This will not work for other customers, so no need to let me know it doesn't work if you're not AlanG :)