jonnymac

Feb 19, 2015
Hi I hope someone can help I have a t8 I downloaded 1mobile plus a game called catapult king, the problem is when I open them they open sideways? I have other android boxes and they are fine on them.. could some fine person try and download them on their. T8 and see if it's the same. Ta jonnymac

jonnymac

Feb 19, 2015
Hi
Thanks for the advice but still no joy its really bugging me.
I did manage to get it the right way up but only about six inches across.
Is it possible to load a screen shot on this forum,plus if anybody can just try it for me with a t8 that would be great thanks..

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I see what you mean now. Flipping the Request for application to rotate option means you can either have the game portrait and narrow, or landscape (and using the full screen), but rotated 90 degrees. There is another game that behaves like this, Grave Defence HD. I tried a few utilities on that, but never got anywhere, this was about a year ago.
I'll try again now, see if anything has improved.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
So far the closest I can get if forcing it to stay landscape, using full resolution, but no video appears at all. The setting is applied, as you're given the full nav bar at the bottom, but it looks like the app doesn't allow tweaking the rotation.
A bit like if you play Angry Birds Transformers (or other Angry Bird titles) on your Android phone or tablet, the rotation is set to landscape, and no video is shown at all in portrait rotation. I've a few more modules to test from the Xposed framwork, but it isn't looking good so far.

jonnymac

Feb 19, 2015
Hi

Thanks for checking it out for me, I find it strange how it plays perfect on my mx2 and my rk3118 but not the t8

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm guessing that identifying as a different make/model in build.prop might fix it.
If you're happy editing text files, and don't mind tinkering, we can experiment in the week. Grab me on a live chat - https://DroidBOX.co.uk scroll to the bottom - if you're around during work hours for the week.
If you wanted to make it a little easier, there are apps out there for tinkering with the build.prop semi-automatically, like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor&hl=en .
I tried all the modules and combinations I could think of from Xposed framework, no joy.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@jonnymac Found an un-official, not approved way to get it to work. It would mean your warranty may be invalidated, and I've not tested other differences, but I've got a firmware that works on the T8, and you get proper orientation/no letter boxes in Catapult King.
I'm around for 20 minutes on live chat today, or grab me in the week starting Monday. https://DroidBOX.co.uk , scroll to the bottom. Ask for Chris.