Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
Hi guys...
Right I've decided to get a android box with kodi on and I've connected it to my onkyo amp!! I get a picture but it's very basic like someones sucked all the Sharp colours out and I'm left with the aftermath!! I'm not great with technical jargon but I'm.hoping someone will help me!! Thanks Paul

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Starter for 10. Try a different hdmi lead to connect to the tv.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Possible. Best to try and eliminate the simple things first before moving on. Which droidbox is it?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Not familiar with Onkyo amps, but make sure your Android box is set for passthrough and picture setting is correct.
Now do the same with the amp so the picture is sent through the amp and it then decodes the sound.
The other way is to use a optical cable for sound and the HDMI to your TV for picture.

Hope this helps you.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Normally yes..normally it would be setting then Advanced then you can do audio setting here.
Also here go to Display for picture setting.
I would use a optical cable as then your amp does the audio decoding and your TV gets the best picture direct.

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
So hdmi straight to amp and optical to amp too?? I think my optical goes straight to sky HD box but will look

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
No....HDMI to TV and optical to your amp...should help. Still need passthrough set as well so the audio goes to your amp and converts it to DTS or DD.
Inside kodi you need to go system, system and then Audio and set it to 2.0 and scroll down highlight DD and DD transcoding.
Should do the job....

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
The way everything is set up in house with all wires in walls etc I want it all to pass through the amp rather than direct to TV!! as it's all hid away!! Is that a option

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
I've just put a new hdmi cable straight to amp and box and it works.... I tried putting a optical in but to me it dint sound any different... The pictures really good now so thanks for your advice! Loaded up phoenix which works quite well any other apps on there would u recommend for films?? is there a app to watch box sets on!!

Reactions: David Savage