Rob M

Feb 2, 2016
Second post for me...still getting to grips with it.

I have established OpenElec & Android are seperate on the T8-S box by now.

Firstly, does anyone notice any difference performance wise between the two? I have duplicated what I have on Android with OpenElec, and the only difference I have seen as yet is you CANT fast forward and rewind on OpenElec.

Has anyone got a preference of which to use?

Also, if I cleared the data and stuff from the System settings in OpenElec, would this clear the box or only the wizard on OpenElec?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Second post for me...still getting to grips with it.

I have established OpenElec & Android are seperate on the T8-S box by now.

Firstly, does anyone notice any difference performance wise between the two? I have duplicated what I have on Android with OpenElec, and the only difference I have seen as yet is you CANT fast forward and rewind on OpenElec.

Has anyone got a preference of which to use?

Also, if I cleared the data and stuff from the System settings in OpenElec, would this clear the box or only the wizard on OpenElec?
Hi

Performance is visible only on low end hardware specs.Our box being high spec can support both Kodi in android and openELEC without any problems.

OpenELEC is there for people who do not want to use android,and only want to stream.Because openELEC is different OS that android,sometimes the same add on wizard pack wont behave the same as on android.

Now when it comes to reset,there are two reset that can be performed:

reset openELEC settings to default-only resets Kodi
reset openELEC to default-resets whole box

This is accessible through below the system>openELEC>system or under program add ons>openELEC config>system

Regards

Reactions: Qaisir