1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android TV (9 Pie) Horrid Browser(s) Zoomed??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BenzilLobo, Jul 24, 2020.

1. BenzilLobo

BenzilLobo New Member

I recently upgraded my Android TV Box from an old Android 7 box to a box with the latest Android TV (9 Pie Certified) and I'm not impressed at all. App market (play store is pretty empty) ok not so bad I'll side-load apk's.. But my biggest problem I'm hoping someone can help wit is every and I really do mean "every" web browser I install insists on having this stupid zoomed in view where everything is huge and looks more like a mobile view even though I set the browser to desktop mode - I'm using a 65 inch TV and it feels like every browser I use is like using a 65 inch Mobile device rather than a desktop browser. All regular websites I visit are zoomed in and there is no way what-so-ever to zoom out at a proper desktop view no matter the browser used (Puffin, Opera, UC, Dolphin, Edge, Brave, FireFox etc etc ..) so this must be an OS (Android TV) issue. I have tried all settings on my TV and it is most deffenitely not my TV as the issue goes away when I use my old Android 7 TV Box. So I ty all settings in the new Android TV (9 Pie) Box and nothing fixes it, (ie) screen res / text size / accesability etc - so can anyone please ? is this a common issue? up to now I hate Android TV 9 and if it was not for the higher spec hardware and nice 4k playback then I would go back to Android 7 TV Box. Please someone Help?

2. VikramDroix

VikramDroix Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

Could you please confirm which Android TV Box model do you have ? Did you installed the compatible custom ROM provided for your Android TV Box ?