Andy1469

Jan 7, 2015
hi all i have a new'ish android box and after amonth of use i have come to switch the device on but my tv doesnt recognise it (no signal going to tv) though it does work on other tv's in my home. i have purchased a new hdmi lead incase this was the problem
can anyone shed any light on this at all

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
May be try the composite(cable if it has the output) out to see if you get a picture, sorry I thought you meant xbmc....you might have bad HDMI connection(on your tv). Next time I'll put my reading glasses on sorry.

Last edited:

Andy1469

Jan 7, 2015
i thought so (ios guy this is all new to me) i have followed your instructions but cant find anything refering to hdmi in the video output i have looked through the settings level at the bottom (advanced, basic etc)

Andy1469

Jan 7, 2015
im on the device through another tv i have tried 2 hdmi leads and neither work but they do on other tv's with the android box

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Yes its a cable, if it works on the other tvs it must be a fault with the HDMI on tv or the tv settings. Plus xbmc is slightly different and may be yours is set in the android settings so no need but its worth a look just in case...

Andy1469

Jan 7, 2015
David thanks for your help mate, I think I'll have to put it on eBay already peedoff with it

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here that, have you checked tv settings, like the AV select on your tv you might have to manually select it. It's very strange it works on the other tvs but not this one. Hope you sort it...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you've not sold it yet...

Temporarily connect to one of the other TVs with an HDMI cable and boot up
Turn off HDMI mode auto-selection
Change down to 720 at 50Hz and confirm you want to keep the change
Shutdown the device, then plug it into your normal TV
Assuming you now see video output, head back to the HDMI mode option, and try 1080 at 50 and 60Hz. If you don't confirm the change each time (if you can't see anything any more for example), then the system will revert to the resolution you booted up with

To change the relevant settings, try the following (exact labels differ between firmware releases)
Start from the device's homescreen (so boot up and don't run any apps)
If you can see a Settings shortcut, click it
If not, open the list of all installed apps, and look for Settings or Settings Mbox and click it
If you now see a colourful tabbed interface, head to the second tab and turn off the auto-select of HDMI modes. The entry below that normally handles manually specifying 720/1080 etc
If you see a monochrome-like interface, look for Display or Screen for the relevant settings