Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi,
Im hoping someone can help me on this. Ive got my t8 mini operating the way I want it. But Ive now got a iMXQ Pro V1 hooked up to another HDMI input and Im running it alongside - (just experimenting with a few things) problem I have got is I cant use the remotes individually for each box. IE: if use the iMXQ Pro V1 remote to turn it of - it turns the other off at the same time. Also if I use the T8 remote - this also has the same effect on both boxes. I need some advice to separate each remote for its own box. It really is doing my head in!!!!
Thanks in advance of any help
Dave

PS - sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Black tape over the IR sensors, if you're not planning to leave them next to each other long term.
Or you could permanently tape one model's IR sensor up, and use a controller with a USB dongle (something like the VIP, i8 or just a normal USB mouse and/or keyboard.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi ChrisM -Thanks for advice but I still need to actively use each remote separately for each box for the time being. Im experimenting with one and using the other.
Hope Im clear enough in what I need.
Cheers mate
Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Actively using two remotes on two devices in same room, WHEN they share Infrared Remote Control codes...

1) black tape over IR sensor, put in place when you don't want the device to respond to IR remote
1)a) Put the devices at different heights, and use some thick paper/card/plastic to create a tunnel in front of one of the device's IR sensor. Make it so you have to be pointing directly at the IR sensor basically, rather than from multiple angles

2) Don't use IR remotes whilst devices in same room, only use a VIP/i8/USB mouse and/or keyboard on each device

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Cheers ChrisM - Ive moved it and turned it around. Its worked. I didn't realise I couldn't seperate the remotes. Thanks again.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks edric, but Im not intending to have two machines under my TV for too long. Good remotes though.
Regards
Dave