Tim Monahan

Apr 2, 2016
Any plans to update the Droix X4? I have bought DROIX TV boxes whenever possible for around 10 years (rare to get one these days, before the X 4 I had a GT King from Droix as their own boxes were out of stock) but the X 4 has been less than impressive. Constant problems with VPN's not loading, Live Drive does not work, ByePass password manager issues, the list goes on. Plus the launcher is very basic, with no button to shut down the box. When I use the Droix remote shut down, the TV switches off . Then use the TV remote to switch on and the X4 fires up again. I guess DROIX are moving away from own brand TV boxes as the X4 is already old with no updates, but it would be good if some of the bugs are sorted out. Sadly the X4 has not been a good purchase for me. I have managed to get it going again with factory resets whenever is starts to play up, and limit the software to what I find will load through trial and error.

StuDroiX

Staff member
Dec 7, 2021
Hi, no plans as yet, but I'm sure there will be in the not too distant future.
regarding VPN, are you running this in rooted or non root mode?
While the reset of the remote runs over WiFi via the dongle, the on/off button works via IR as the device needs to been on before it connects to the dongle. Unfortunately it looks as though your TV shares the same IR channel as the TV. A work around would be to connect the X4 to a smart plug, and turn the plug off remotely before turning on the TV and the X4 won't start. I use this method and have the Plug connected to Alexa and tell "her" to turn it off.
ALso, have you considered moving away from android and into Windows mini pc such as the ACEPC PicoBox Mini? Android EOL is always much quicker than windows and this PC will give superior performance.