ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
I've heard that this is being worked on and quite exciting can anyone confirm and post specs please.

Ian Russell

Oct 8, 2015
Few important updates about our DroidBOX T8-S product.

• Starting from 27/10/2015 all T8-S devices ordered from our website - Best Android TV Set top boxes with Kodi in the UK by DroidBOX will be shipped with 16GB ROM memory (hope Mark could update product review to say it will be shipped with 16GB ROM)
  • we have reduced the price for T8-S model to £99.95 and we are offering extra 10% off on all our products. Use promotional code DBX10OFF during checkout. Code valid till 15th of November.
  • We have a giveaway campaign running on our website. You have a chance to win one of 3 sets of T8-S + B52 mini keyboard + DroidBOX Play Gamepad. Check our website for more details
  • We are having ongoing work on new Lolipop 5.1 firmware for T8-S and it should be ready by the end of this year.
  • And most important news - we are currently testing new firmware for T8-S letting our customers to use internal HDD as internal storage in Android, thus allowing you to install hundreds of games, or download tons of media files directly into T8-S. check this out:

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
We hope to finish software within next 2 weeks. Then testing. An it should be available by the end of November.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Is it going to be a rooted or unrooted device.
Google has introduced some security improvements in Lollipop 5.1 and it rooting is not as straight forward as it used to be. But it will be possible to root it by manually aplying update through recovery.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

cropsprayer

Nov 4, 2015
Few important updates about our DroidBOX T8-S product.

• Starting from 27/10/2015 all T8-S devices ordered from our website - Best Android TV Set top boxes with Kodi in the UK by DroidBOX will be shipped with 16GB ROM memory (hope Mark could update product review to say it will be shipped with 16GB ROM)
  • we have reduced the price for T8-S model to £99.95 and we are offering extra 10% off on all our products. Use promotional code DBX10OFF during checkout. Code valid till 15th of November.
  • We have a giveaway campaign running on our website. You have a chance to win one of 3 sets of T8-S + B52 mini keyboard + DroidBOX Play Gamepad. Check our website for more details
  • We are having ongoing work on new Lolipop 5.1 firmware for T8-S and it should be ready by the end of this year.
  • And most important news - we are currently testing new firmware for T8-S letting our customers to use internal HDD as internal storage in Android, thus allowing you to install hundreds of games, or download tons of media files directly into T8-S. check this out:
Hi - so I ordered my T8-S from Amazon which said it was fulfilled by DroidBOX on the 28/10 but I got 8GB ROM not 16GB? #feelingrobbed

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Hi all
Has the 5.1 update for the T8-S been dropped ?
Read earlier on in the thread they hoped to have it ready by the end of last year ?

Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Testing a newer build, we'd hoped to release one already, but if we find problems in testing, it won't get published. Sorry for the delay, but once we have an image that properly passes testing, we'll publish it.