malih

Oct 6, 2015
Hi I'm new here, I used audio passthrough on my wd tv box successfully ,but purchased the droidbox and cannot passthrough ddhd or dtshd they come on my amp as dd or dts 5.1

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, have you tried in setting on the android side there you can set this.
Also in Kodi in system then system again, Audio output change number of channels to 2.0, then enable passthrough and highlight what you need and enable Dolby digital transcoding.
If you go to NaviX and then look for More power, they have Jurassic World in DtsHd, sounds good. Not as good as the Blu-ray witch is 7.1, would have been better in Atmos.
Also go to Phoenix and then One242415 then scroll down to HD DTS 5.1 there some nice one here, but only standard 5.1.
There not many DtsHD sound tracks on Kodi as it take up to much space so I believe.
Enjoy

Reactions: Sal

malih

Oct 6, 2015
HI I have tried the settings in kodi (2 channels, audio passthrough, dts amp etc ) and setting in android audio passthrough, but still no joy , the file with the audio played fine on the wd tv box .

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, go out of kodi and go into setting and then advanced, and here are some audio setting too. Check it is set to passthrough and how it is sent ie: PCM.
In kodi I don't bother highlighting the DTS as the amp should decode it for you.
Also in Kodi in system then system again, Audio output change number of channels to 2.0, then enable passthrough and highlight what you need and enable Dolby digital transcoding.
Good luck

Reactions: Sal

malih

Oct 6, 2015
Tried the above most I get is dts from a dts hd track . Android is digital audio detect on (tried off) and hdmi passthough (tried pcm as well)
Kodi is set to 2 channel ,output configuration is optimised, enable passthrough, ac3 capable receiver ,ac3 transcoding are all selected

malih

Oct 6, 2015
Yes I known but this also happens on my films on my hard drive which have got hd dts and hd dd tracks which played fine on my wd tv