smoggy333

Mar 21, 2016
Hi,

I have recently purchased the B52 multifunction remote. I thought this remote has learning abilities ?

Most buttons work but the power button will not power on my T8-S plus box, and does not fully power the box off I was wanting to reprogram but I'm not convinced it has the learning function.

The remote looks to be a copy of the Rii i25 which has a learning function but uses a 'set' button that is missing from the B52 remote.

Are the B52 remotes just a more expensive remote with less features !

not particularly happy with this DroidBOX purchase.

Any advice from existing owners of the B52 remote is welcome

Thanks,

Smoggy.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The original i25 remote we sold had a learning function, yes. The B52 is a later hardware revision, no IR learning capabilities. Definitely prefer the keyboard action on the B52 over the original i25.

MetalHepple

Sep 18, 2016
It's definatly a shame that they removed this feature. I would have liked to use the power button to power my TV on and off. Is there not a way to edit the internal IR codes on the remote via a windows PC or something like that?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not come across anyone doing that online before, just remapping Kodi keypresses/commands. I've had another look around and not found anything. Any forum members come across references to something like this?